The securitron vault is a location in the Mojave Wasteland located under the weather monitoring station at The Fort. Caesar's Legion has attempted to open the elevator down to the vault by drilling, prying and blasting, but all attempts have been unsuccessful.
Inside it is a small vault, and it is bathed in light radiation. Mr. House has a terminal in the first room, but no control of the facility's security. After killing the first protectron, go straight and open the first door. Three terminals can be found, which can be used to deactivate the turrets (Average) and the Protectrons (Hard), although the third terminal for the sentry bots is unusable. The next room has two protectrons and two turrets. It consists of a set of generators, and many long, windowed rooms looking out over an army of securitrons. The final room contains an operations console that can read the data on the platinum chip to upgrade all securitrons, and activate the army in the vault.
- Mr. House's console will show up as a friendly mark on the radar even if he has been killed and doesn't show up on the screen.
- The Courier constantly takes +1 rads/sec. while in the vault.
- Although it uses Vault-Tec construction technology, it isn't a survival shelter, but simply a large, secure storage.
- The Courier cannot enter it again after the quest, although it can be entered if Mr. House is dead and the Courier never completed his quest.
- At the bottom of the first stairs, there is a door to the right that requires 60 Repair to access. Note that this room has four sentry bots ready to attack, although if the Courier hasn't set off the security feature by destroying the generators, they will remain non-hostile.
- If any of the generators are destroyed after fixing the door to the room with the sentry bots in it, the sentry bots will immediately begin to hunt down the Courier.
- Note that sometimes the sentry bots will open the door after activating the army of securitrons, but will not attack unless provoked.
- After activating the securitron army, the noise of moving hydraulics will sound throughout the vault, which points to additional robots being assembled in other unseen sections in the vault.
- If chosen to destroy the generators, warnings will begin to play after the first one is destroyed. Once all are destroyed, radiation will leak in and the building will begin to explode and collapse.
- Should the Courier enter the Securitron vault after obtaining the platinum chip but did not inform House earlier, House will remark that the Courier is ahead of schedule and mention "it was what he wanted anyway".
- Additional dialogue is given if the Courier never had any previous interaction with Mr. House (example, never entering the Lucky 38 in any prior event).
The securitron vault appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- PC Xbox 360 If saving before activating the securitrons and then reloading the save once done, the ones at the windows will stay activated (which includes the soldier faces). [verified]
- PC Xbox 360 When entering the vault, sometimes the door to the room containing the sentry bots will be already open. [verified]
- PC Xbox 360 If the platinum chip is taken after entering the securitron vault, then Yes Man is installed, the player is unable to talk to him in the vault. [verified]