| ||For the variant of swampfolk in Point Lookout, see Scrapper.|
Waste not, want not! You can salvage uncommon components like screws, aluminum, and copper when scrapping weapons and armor.”— Rank 1 description
|1||INT 5||Waste not, want not! You can salvage uncommon components like screws, aluminum, and copper when scrapping weapons and armor.||00065e65|
|2||INT 5, LVL 23||You can salvage rare components like circuitry, nuclear material, and fiber optics when scrapping weapons and armor. Items with favorited components are highlighted||001d2483|
|3||INT 5, LVL 40 fo4fh||You get more from salvaging.||0423a5|
Rank 3 requires the Far Harbor add-on.
- Only increases the yield from modified weapons.
- Rank 3 doubles the amount of uncommon materials recovered (aluminum, copper, cork, fiberglass, gear, glass, lead, screw, spring).
- The perk has no effect on the amount of materials received from the base weapon.
- The extra components that come from scrapping weapons that have uncommon modifications attached to them. A standard pipe pistol will still break down into just steel, for example, but if it was equipped with a couple of mods, it may also break down into screws or copper.
- Certain mods and prefixes indicate whether some components may be scrapped from them, while other components are linked to the base weapon. For instance, weapons with the "muzzled" or "silenced" prefix will nearly always yield aluminum (though the quantity depends on the base weapon), while wood and copper are tied to the base weapon (double barrel and combat shotguns and hunting rifles in the case of wood, and pipe weapons for copper), with the modifications determining the quantity. Unlike other resources, wood is often present with less technical mods, with the "short" versions often providing the most.
- The same applies to armor, but the effect is less dramatic (significantly less-common modifications are needed to extract the more uncommon/rare components).
- The highlighting effect from rank 2 applies to junk and containers containing junk with favorited components only, not to weapons and armor. In fact, ironically considering the theme of the perk, weapons and armor are never highlighted, even if they could be broken down into a favorited component.
- Wood, steel, rubber, cloth, bone, plastic, leather and concrete can be recovered without this perk. Spring, screw, lead, glass, gear, fiberglass, cork, copper and aluminum require rank 1; Silver, fiber optics, nuclear material, gold, crystal, circuitry, ballistic fiber and asbestos require rank 2. Adhesive and oil cannot be recovered; Acid, antiseptic, ceramic and fertilizer are not used in any scrappable items.
- 1 of the items base material and 50% of wood, steel, rubber, cloth, bone, misc. items and 25% of other materials used in item mods are recovered. Even basic guns have mods attached and have decent scrap value, while unmodified armor/melee weapons generally are not worth scrapping.
- xboxone ps4 pc If the second rank of the Scrapper is acquired, highlighted items can be seen through the screen of the Pip-Boy.[verified]
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.