Among other uses, it can be used in the repair of ED-E to start the quest ED-E My Love, if the player lacks sufficient Repair or Science skill to use the other options. It can also be used to create time bombs, weapon repair kits, gas bombs, Fat mines and Microfusion cell clusters at workbenches.
- Up to ten can be purchased from Gun Runners between each restock period.
- There are many to be found in Novac, inside the garage at the gas station, on a Workbench behind the motel inside of a shack, and on the shelves right outside the gas station (must be stolen).
- Three to five can be found (along with an equal number of wrenches and duct tape) on shelves and in toolboxes in the HELIOS One solar collection tower, and a couple can be found in toolboxes around the solar reflector field. See That Lucky Old Sun for details on gaining entry and hostile robots/turrets.
- At least five are in the Nellis hangars.
- Two can be found in the Lone Wolf Radio, south of Goodsprings.
- Two are in a stand at the Crimson Caravan Company.
- Two may be found at the Goodsprings General Store; one in the counter and one possibly in a toolbox on the back wall.
- A couple can be found in the generator room during the quest Ant Misbehavin'.
- Some may be found in the toolboxes around the Hoover Dam. However, taking anything counts as an act of theft.
- One can be bought from the Boomer munitions manager.
- May be found in the two toolboxes inside the Mister Gutsy house in Nipton.
- One to four in the train tunnel.
- fnvowb Once fully upgraded, Muggy can give the player 5 of them per day.
- 1 can be found in the shack at Southern Nevada Wind Farm