- The Outcast Collection Agent: scrap metal, along with various other items, that can be turned in to Protector Casdin at Fort Independence for ammunition, grenades, and useful aid items.
- This Old House: scrap metal can be given to Winthrop at Underworld in exchange for rad-x, rad-away or stimpaks.
- Walter's Scrap Metal: scrap metal can be turned in to Walter at Megaton for caps and experience or positive Karma if the player decides to give the scrap metal for free.
- The ammo press in The Pitt can also be used to melt scrap metal down into ammunition. Scrap metal is very useful in the press, due to it yielding more ammunition than scrap put in. For example, if one puts 500 pieces of scrap metal into the press to make shotgun shells, it will return 1,000 shells.
Scrap metal can be found throughout the Capital Wasteland.
- Tinker Joe can have up to 8 pieces for 1 bottle cap apiece. He can be found outside in the parking lot of the RobCo Facility at certain times of the day.
Fallout: New VegasEdit
Much like in Fallout 3, scrap metal in Fallout: New Vegas can be turned in to various non-player characters for unmarked quests. It is also a useful alternative to a higher Repair skill when trying to repair certain objects. It is a necessary component in the crafting of the Weapon repair kit. Its most lucrative use, however, is that it can be broken down into 200 units of lead, which is used in the crafting of ammunition at a reloading bench. These things are not mutually exclusive, however, as lead is the easiest component of ammunition to get; the primer, powder, and casings are all much less commonplace.
- ED-E My Love: ED-E can be repaired using three pieces of scrap metal and several other objects if the player lacks the requisite Repair and/or Science skill to do so without parts.
- Iron and Stealing: One option to gain fame with the Boomers, and thus complete the quest Volare!, is to give Jack scrap metal. 50 pieces will give the player instant "Idolized" status. This unmarked quest stays active even after the bomber is raised.
- Dealing with Contreras: Isaac can be given scrap metal to make ammunition for Contreras. 100 pieces are necessary. However, he will also accept the much more numerous and far less valuable bent tin cans instead.
- Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans: Five pieces of scrap metal, along with many other supplies, are needed to repair William Farber's food processor in Camp McCarran if you lack the Repair skill to jury rig it.
Scrap metal can be found throughout the Mojave Wasteland.
|Name||Skill Requirement||Produced On||Items Needed|
|Scrap metal (Cookery-to-Metal) Honest Hearts||Repair:25||Workbench|
|Scrap metal (Meals-to-Metal) Honest Hearts||Repair:25||Workbench|
- Old Lady Gibson located in Gibson scrap yard has a large stock of scrap metal, ranging from 3 to 7 at a time. Her inventory restocks every 72 in-game hours.
- There is a lot of scrap metal in Cerulean Robotics in Freeside.
- The player can find plenty of Scrap Metal throughout Big MT. A lot can be found on enemies, found in containers, and sometimes given to you by non-player characters.