| || For the Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas version, see radscorpion poison gland.|
For the Fallout 4 version, see radscorpion stinger.
They are the tails taken from dead radscorpions, cut at the base where they meet the body, and they are prized for the poison sac it contains, which is used to make a poison antidote. The tail is comprised of the segmented sections of the tail ending in the stinger, they vary in size depending on the radscorpion, and vary slightly in appearance across the different games, with the Tactics version showing a small amount of poison on the stinger. The cleanness of the severing point varies slightly, although this does not affect its value or potential uses.
- Usually obtained from deceased radscorpions met anywhere on the world map.
- From the 9 radscorpions in the radscorpion cave during the quest Stop the Radscorpions.
- Radscorpions may spawn around the entrance to Vault 15 the first time the Vault Dweller visits this location, if they failed a Luck check.
- From the radscorpions encountered.
- Looting the killed radscorpions in Temple of Trials.
- The intelligent radscorpion's tail can be removed while still alive without consequence as long as the Chosen One succeeds.