Fallout: New Vegas locations project
The scavenger platform is a location in the Mojave Wasteland. It is a pontoon raft in the middle of Lake Mead. Despite being a raft and not being anchored down, the platform stays in the same point and does not float around the lake.
This location consists of four rafts joined together by wooden bridges. On each of these are makeshift shacks. Towards the middle on the edge of one is a campfire. There are also 4 to 5 lakelurks. At the western side of the platform are two ramps attached to the edge of the platform to make it easier to get from the water onto the platform.
- The Wasteland Survival Guide - Located on the fallen shelf in the northernmost hut.
- Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap on the shelf in the northeastern most hut next to the overturned ammunition box.
- To the west at the bottom of the lake lies the sunken Sunset Sarsaparilla truck. The submerged truck contains, among other items, 3 Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle caps. The rebreather makes going after these much easier.
- A lakelurk may be swimming in the waters below the platform. In which case the player can swim to it and back onto the platform. It will follow you where it can be disposed of.
- When approaching the platform, lakelurks will implement their ranged attack on the player who will be defenseless while swimming and can die quickly. Due to how far out in the water the platform is, it is hard to kill the lakelurks from a distance, so getting onto the platforms as soon as possible is the player's best bet.
The scavenger platform appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- ps3 xbox360 The lakelurks might not appear on the platform, but if you save then reload they'll appear in their usual spots. [verified]
- xbox360 The lakelurks will be already dead on arrival of the platform. [verified]