Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| ||For an overview of shotgun models in the Fallout series of games, see shotgun.|
A shotgun, also called a "scattergun," is a firearm designed to shoot a multitude of lead or steel balls of varying sizes, greatly increasing the weapon's hit potential. This makes it very effective at hunting game. However, the accuracy and power found at close range starts to diminish as the target gets farther away. Shotguns designed for the military's use are often called "combat shotguns."
This weapon has one of the largest spread of all weapons in Fallout 3, second only to the experimental MIRV. In order to get high damage, one essentially has to treat the gun like a melee weapon and fire it at point blank range so that all the shot impacts the target.
A fully-repaired sawed-off shotgun can fire 167 shots, or 84 reloads, before breaking.
- The Kneecapper - Carried by Ronald Laren, The Kneecapper is far more powerful than the normal sawed-off shotgun or even a combat shotgun. It is also lighter and more accurate than the regular version, but fires slightly slower and is less durable.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio|
- Arlington Library - in the children's wing, through the door in the media archives, on a bookshelf.
- Megaton - Another that is in almost pristine condition can be found in a locked cabinet inside the Megaton armory.
- Can be found on random characters around the Capital Wasteland, mainly raiders.
- Point Lookout (add-on) Carried by Marguerite and Nadine, and another on the floor of room 1G in the Homestead Motel.
- There's one in the raider camp to the southeast of Hallowed Moors Cemetery, on a small barrel.
- One can be found together with some shotgun shells on a table at the Meresti raider's dock.
- A wanderer, Brock, Shrapnel, Gallo, Jack Smith and Mel all use sawed-off shotguns.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Mel wields a sawed-off shotgun in a random encounter in which he attempts to mug the Lone Wanderer, but the gun is not loaded. This is an homage to Mel Gibson, the actor who played Mad Max. In Mad Max 2, Max threatened the Gyro Captain using an unloaded sawed-off shotgun.
- pc ps3 xbox360 The shells are never "ejected" from the weapon. The barrel is pointed down while reloading, giving the illusion that the spent shells have fallen on the ground, but the third-person view shows that the shells are simply cleared from the barrel, without being ejected. [verified]
| || |