Bug Verification Project
Saving (or Savaging) Sergeant Teddy
Antony took Sergeant Teddy away and gave him to the stinky dogs. I want him back!”— Melody
|Unmarked Quest: Saving (or Savaging) Sergeant Teddy|
|Talk to Melody and with a speech check learn about her teddy bear|
|Fight Antony's dogs for the bear.||Use Legion fame or the Animal Friend perk to take the bear from Antony.||Kill or pickpocket Antony for the bear.|
|Give Melody the bear.||Tear the bear in half in front of Melody.|
|Reward: Good Karma||Reward: Bad Karma and Legion fame|
- Talk to Melody, a child slave at The Fort. With 50 Speech, you can learn that her teddy bear, Sergeant Teddy, was taken from her.
- Find Antony and agree to fight a few of his dogs in the Legion Arena in exchange for the bear. This can be avoided if you have good reputation with the Legion or the Animal Friend perk. You may also pickpocket the bear from Antony or kill him.
- Once you have Sergeant Teddy, return to Melody.
Behind the scenesEdit
The name of this quest is a reference to the film Saving Private Ryan.
- Prior to patch 188.8.131.524, the Legion mongrels could have 1600 hit points and be very time consuming to defeat. [platforms tag needed]
- If you make a fight at the fort, occasionally Melody will flee to the fort's entrance. Along with all other Characters, not including the Courier, can use an invisible door and end up on the other side of the gate. The other side of the gate is in the same cell as the forts interior and the blip will appear on the compass. While the npc is there you can see them by looking through two holes in the walls on either side of the gate. [platforms tag needed]
- From this point if you killed every Legion including Caesar, you cannot give her teddy bear back as she will tell something but not open dialog with the player anymore. [platforms tag needed]