The Saturnite Alloy Research Facility is a location in the southwest of the Big MT in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Old World Blues. It is located southeast of the Z-43 Innovative Toxins plant. It is a factory based on top of a cave system where they mine the Saturnite alloy. This building is full of crazed Mister Handy robots along with one unique Mister Handy by the name of Sparks.
Outside of the building is an old world flag in blue, presumably left by Ulysses
Upon entering the eastern entrance is a standard lobby with a few desks and computers that leads to a main factory floor. In front of the first desk is a box of Mentats. There is also a sunset sarsaparilla vending machine.This floor has a southern exit, as well as a set of stairs that lead up to tunnels. There is a part of the rail that the player can jump over and land on pipe, which when followed leads to a toolbox containing assorted chems. The tunnels take you to a cave system with more stairs, that eventually lead down into the main cave. The main cave, as well as Sparks, however, are protected by a force field, so a sonic emitter will be required.
Past the force field, at the very end of the cave, is a cavern with 2 catwalks that go around a magma pit and end up in a room. This room contains another crazed Mister Handy, as well as some of the notable loot below.
- Light Switch 02 Upgrade: "Mood Lights" holotape: as soon as you enter, turn right and step through the doorway into the factory. Immediately on the left of the doorway you just came through is a cabinet with the holotape in it.
- If the player jumps down the magma pit, the player will die before landing on the magma. The magma is flat and the player will land on it as if it were actually ground, but the magma will still move under the player.
- Upon exiting the facility through the southern garage door exit, a skeleton with a Construction Hat can be found a few feet in front of a truck.
- xbox360 If you load a save inside the game will stop at the loading screen (this player tried loading auto and hard save).
- ps3 It is possible to become stuck in between the railings and staircase in the first room of Mister Handy's, requiring a reload to fix.