The satchel charge is a placed explosive, and functions like other proximity mines. However, it has a significantly shorter fuse than other types. Unusually, even players with a very high Explosives skill will set off enemy-placed charges almost immediately. It is deceptively powerful for the simplicity of its construction, besting even the bottlecap mine, often crippling a limb upon detonation if the player is caught in the blast. The satchel charge also bests the bottlecap mine by being far easier to craft and using far more common materials. This is offset by its higher Strength and skill requirements, as well as its weight.
This weapon can be crafted by the player.
powder, pistol (25)
sensor module (1)
Lonesome Road add-on
Satchel charge (1)
- The Divide - Found in various containers labeled "satchel charge box."
- Active satchel charges are placed in various locations in the Divide. These can be disarmed and collected by the player.
- Can be created from scratch by ED-E after the player gains rank 2 of Camarader-E, and passes two Explosives skill checks (35 and 65). 3 satchel charges can be made per game day.
- Players should be wary when trying to disarm or sneak past a satchel charge; you don't have to be as close for it to go off, and disarming is often difficult as a result.
- This is one of the very few weapons in the game that doesn't have the Vault boy in it's pip-boy icon.
Behind the scenesEdit