SatCom Array NW-07c
SatCom Array NW-07c is a communications satellite, part of the SatCom Array in the far northwestern in the Capital Wasteland. It is due west from the Deathclaw Sanctuary, and northwest of the abandoned car fort.
The exterior of the SatCom Array is secured by several Enclave soldiers (2-3), an Enclave officer, and on higher levels, an Enclave sentry bot. The interior, however, contains no significant threat; 3-4 Enclave scientists will be encountered, all in fleeing mode, and a pile of ghoul wastelander corpses will be directly in front of a furnace (seen upon entry). Climbing the first ladder there will be one more additional Enclave soldier (on the scaffolding), while climbing the second onto the dish will initiate a sequence where two Enclave Vertibirds fly harmlessly overhead.
Note that if you haven't advanced far enough along the main questline you will only encounter a single Enclave soldier outside the facility, who may not appear until after you have exited onto the exterior scaffolding. The inside will be unoccupied (though an Enclave communications array will still be located inside), and no Vertibirds will fly overhead.
- A copy of Pugilism Illustrated is located on the highway east of the tower in an internment truck. It contains various other loot as well.
- There is a copy of Duck and Cover! to the northeast, halfway to SatCom Array NW-05a: On the World Map, search between the two riverbed paths where the lower line curves south and intersects the grid line, look under the hand of a skeleton by three ammunition boxes laying near four overlapping wrecked cars.
- This is one of three faction-controlled SatCom Arrays, the others being the Talon Company controlled SatCom Array NW-05a and the raider controlled SatCom Array NN-03d.
- On the eastern most ruined highway, there is a truck which explodes on approach, as a scientist blows himself up. The scientist is carrying a Big Book of Science as well as some other items. The truck has a mini nuke among other loot, and a bed to sleep in. This scientist will only spawn once, so the book must be taken on the first visit of the area.
- Directly under this bridge is a mirelurk habitat. There is a level dependent assortment of mirelurks up to and including a mirelurk king. The number present can exceed 6 and can be troublesome for the unprepared, unwary or lower-levelled. However, with a reasonable small guns score or the like, they can easily be taken out by sniping them from on top of the highway, with minimal risk to the player.
- Further down the highway away from the SatCom Array is an Enclave checkpoint. Upon first approaching the checkpoint, you get to see first hand what the Enclave thinks of ghoul (or normal) citizens. Though sometimes (through a bug), they can be seen alive and unharmed.
- There is a scavenger living on the ridge just above the entrance to SatCom Array NW-07c, using the fallen down dish as a house. The scavenger can get into a fight with the Enclave units, and so may be found dead between the tower and the fallen dish.
- Two Enclave Vertibirds can be seen flying over the SatCom as you reach the top of the tower after completing the Waters of Life quest.
- There is no way to enter the southwestern most SatCom structure related to this location. There is no external door at ground level, and the catwalk door that normally would lead to the room directly below the dish is replaced by a plain wall texture.
SatCom Array NW-07c appears only in Fallout 3.
- pc xbox360 It may be possible for an Enclave soldier to teleport from the ground and onto the scaffolding then become invisible. [verified]
- pc ps3 xbox360 The wastelanders may spawn alive, they will be friendly to the player and attack any Enclave left in the area. If they speak, they'll use a normal human voice and 'speech' instead of the usual ghoul rough voice. [verified]
- pc ps3 xbox360 The lone Enclave soldier's body (encountered before Waters of Life) may disappear on death. [verified]