Really? You think you're just going to waltz in here and take my daughter? The daughter of the Lord of The Pitt? You'll be shot dead before you reach the bridge, all without so much as spilling a drop of blood on Marie's blankie. And that's if you're lucky. If they take you in one piece, I'll string you up on the bridge, and keep you alive until Marie's old enough to shoot you, herself.”
Sandra is one of the few Pitt raiders with a solid education, and she deliberately approached the Pitt because she saw it as a strong up-and-coming force in the wasteland. Ashur recognized her intelligence immediately and offered to support her work. Sandra's friendly demeanor hides a fierce intelligence and absolute conviction. Sandra has no illusions about the cutthroat nature of the Pitt's raiders. In fact, she shares a good deal of their ruthlessness, although she prefers to avoid direct violence, if possible. She wholeheartedly supports Ashur's plans to build an army and unite the wasteland.
She is tasked with finding a cure for the Troglodyte Degeneration Contagion (TDC).
She spends her day in the back of the Haven's top floor researching a cure for Troglodyte Degeneration Contagion (TDC).
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Free Labor: Sandra explains the nature of the cure.
- Toys for Tots: Sandra rewards you with caps and experience points for collecting teddy bears.
Effects of player's actionsEdit
- If you take Marie, Sandra will threaten you, but may not immediately turn hostile.
- If you side with Wernher, she will be waiting alongside Ashur in the Haven courtyard to fight you.
- She is polite and well spoken at first, however if Marie is taken she will become extremely hostile and hurl a variety of creative threats and violent insults at you, e.g. "I'll cut off your fingers and give them to Marie as pacifiers" or, "I'll string you up and keep you alive until Marie is old enough to shoot at you herself!"
- Stealing from her results in bad Karma.
- Sandra does not have the skin lesions seen on many other Pitt raiders.
- Sandra is most likely not from The Pitt originally because she is fertile and Pitt natives are born with TDC; which makes them infertile.
- She will still threaten you even when you are hidden or wearing the Chinese stealth armor.
- If you have general subtitles on when walking into her lab area, quotes like "Well if it isn't the smartest asshole in The Pitt" will come up. There are no vocals but she is the only one there aside from Marie.
- If you kill Sandra but do not take away Marie, the game will still treat you as if you have sided with the Raiders. This does not affect Ashur and he will still suggest talking to his wife about finding toys.
- Sandra claims that she wouldn't dare shoot at you as long as you were carrying Marie. She contradicts herself as she will attack, even with Marie still in your inventory, should you provoke her via combat or dialogue.
- "Our raiders will tear you apart, and when they're done, Marie will be playing with your bones as a rattle."
- "I know I shouldn't trust you, but if it'll make Marie happy, it means I can get some sleep. So, okay. She seems to really enjoy teddy bears. She just can't seem to get enough of them. Bring as many as you can, and I'll even pay you... Once I make sure they aren't filled with razor blades."
- "Believe it or not, she's both. My daughter appears to have a naturally acquired immunity to any form of mutation. Basically, she won't turn into one of the Trogs. Or a Ghoul, or anything else. And by studying her, we can keep that from happening to others, too."
- "Really? You think you're just going to waltz in here and take my daughter? The daughter of the Lord of The Pitt? You'll be shot dead before you reach the bridge, all without so much as spilling a drop of blood on Marie's blankie. And that's if you're lucky. If they take you in one piece, I'll string you up on the bridge, and keep you alive until Marie's old enough to shoot you, herself."
- "And you really think the slaves can develop a cure more efficiently than I can? Don't be an idiot. And if they so much as pluck one hair off her head, I'll be sure to pluck one eye out of each of theirs. So maybe you should just put her back right this instant and tell those miserable bastards that they can wait until their goddamned turn."
pc Should the player side with Wernher and choose to spare her, assuming that she is not killed by trogs, the player can return after completing Free Labor and speak with her as long enough time has passed for her to turn friendly. She will address the player as though he or she had kidnapped Marie, but gave her back and sided with the slavers. This will allow the player to bring teddy bears to her for Marie even though the player did not side with Ashur.[verified]