Salida del Sol - "Sunrise." Not much to look at now.”— Dean Domino
Before the Great War, it was the home of the church and homes of many of the casino staff.
Salida del Sol is the eastern section of the Villa. It is split into Salida del Sol South and Salida del Sol North. Traps are littered across the area, with some hidden within the Cloud. A number of ghost people inhabit the area.
Salida del Sol southEdit
The first area encountered is the southern portion. The northern portion initially seems blocked off by a locked gate leading to a courtyard in the northern section, and another gate is buried in rubble. The entrance to the northern area is actually located directly southeast of the courtyard gate through a door that leads into a house.
Salida switching stationEdit
The Salida switching station is located in the southwest corner of the area, and is where Dog must be brought for the quest Fires in the Sky. There is also a hidden terminal to bring power to the ventilation system and rid the area of the toxic cloud.
There are a total of three Dean's secret stashes in this area.
Salida del Sol northEdit
As worseIn-game spelling, punctuation and/or grammar as the other places are? This section of town is the most dangerous.”— Dean Domino
The northern area of Salida del Sol is first entered through a house. In comparison to its southern counterpart, Salida del Sol north is not as thick with the Cloud and requires more traversing through ruined buildings. Speakers, radios, and traps are still common and the number of ghost people increases as the player character ventures further north.
Navigating Salida del Sol north is made easier by the graffiti on the walls: numerous tags saying things such as "Run, run, run!" have been spread across the area, and can help guide one's way back to the Villa. The tags are generally oriented so that, if the player character is facing one, then they are facing away from the bell tower, and toward the Villa. Therefore, if one sees a tag in front of them, it is guaranteed that they are continuing along the route toward the Villa. Turning around will lead more or less towards the bell tower.
A hologram vendor is located in the area.
There are a total of four of Dean's secret stashes in this area.
Salida del Sol courtyardEdit
West of the north entrance's map marker is the Salida del Sol courtyard. The courtyard area is recognizable by what at first glance seems to be a toxic death trap filled with the Cloud, and the only area with standing water in the Villa. Most of the courtyard is filled with the Cloud, as the only safe areas to stand happen to be the awnings above the courtyard and the area right by the gate. The only exit is a locked gate which leads back to Salida del Sol south. Once fallen into, the only way out of the courtyard is to find the Salida del Sol courtyard key, located next to a skeleton and a toolbox in the southeast corner of the courtyard.
Campanas del SolEdit
Campanas del Sol is situated in the very north of Salida del Sol north and consists of a building which houses a large number of ghost people.
- Journal - In Salida del Sol south. Found on the second floor of the building south of the Villa and Salida del Sol courtyard entrances on the map. Dead end section on the very left edge of the map on the other side of the wall from the switching substation. The entrance is a hole in the wall with a trip wire connected to a iron girder trap.
- Stained page - In Salida del Sol south. In a building identified by the first set of stairs encountered. There is graffiti at the top of the stairs that reads "Floors have teeth". Upon entering the building, it is in the right corner on a counter underneath a lunchbox.
- Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor - In Salida del Sol South. Found in the second floor of the building just south of the entrance to Salida del Sol North on the map.
- Vending machine code for bear trap fist HD springs - In Salida del Sol South in the Salida switching station. Located by some pipes to the right as you enter the gated enclosure.
- Torn journal - Located in the house when first entering Salida del Sol north by the top of the set of stairs leading down.
- Vending machine code - "RadAway" - In Salida del Sol North behind a counter in a room with a pool table. From the southernmost entrance to Salida del Sol South, proceed down the stairway and out to the street and then turn right, go up the stairs located around the corner to the southeast and cross the room, proceed down the stairway and a pool table will be seen.
- Snow globe - Sierra Madre - Located near a Dean's secret stash in the upper levels of Salida del Sol North. From the southern-most entrance to Salida del Sol South (inside the house where you entered Salida del Sol North), proceed down the stairway and out to the street, then turn around and look to the rear for the entrance hole in the wall above. This area can be reached by going up the stairs located around the corner to the southeast and following the rooftops back towards the hole. There is also a large amount of Sierra Madre chips located in the stacked desks.
- Vending machine code - "Rad-X" in a three floor house just south of the center of Salida Del Sol North. The code is on the third floor on a bookshelf next to the bed. There is also a hole in the wall that leads to the rooftops and the 743.00 Hz ULF radio signal.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Salida del sol" is Spanish for "sunrise."
- In the basement area on the way to the bell tower, graffiti saying "I am not your mummy" is seen on a pillar in the center. This is a reference to the Doctor Who episodes "The Empty Child" and "The Doctor Dances", in which a set of nanomachines infect victims of the Blitz in London, turning them into gas mask-wearing zombies who can only ask "Are you my mummy?".