Venture west to the great bog, and within you shall find the mother of all Punga Fruit. She stands taller than a man, and her vines guide our future.”— Jimson
The Sacred Bog is a location in Point Lookout, reached via the Sacred Bog Entrance on the westernmost side of the map. It is a winding path through the swamp, populated by various swamp creatures.
The Bog is populated with swamplurks, mirelurk hunters and swamplurk queens, all of which are found along the path towards the Mother Punga, a very large variant of the punga plant. Many punga plants can be found here, including 35 punga plants around the Mother Punga alone.
This is an enormous "seed," part of a huge wild bloom of the Punga fruit. The seeds nestle on a pod in the recessed part of the fruit. The plant shudders and releases a puff of pollen, said to cause vivid hallucinations.
- Directly North of the Sacred Bog Entrance is a burned out house with some loot.
- The water inside the Sacred Bog has unusually low levels of radiation; drinking from most bodies of water inside the bog will heal 20 HP while only causing an increase of 1 unit of radiation. The exception is the body of water immediately prior to the Mother Punga plant, which has a normal level of radiation.
- Upon entering this location, fast travel is not available until exit from sacred bog entrance has been achieved.
- The Sacred Bog has its own World Map. This is because the World Map of Point Lookout is too small to create a map marker when at the far end of the bog without going off the map.
- ps3 There is a possible bug that will allow one to remain under the swamp water just outside of the Sacred Bog Entrance without affecting oxygen levels. [verified]