| ||This page is about the Rust Devil faction appearing in Fallout 4's Automatron. For the Rust Devil character, see Rust Devil.|
A new player in the Commonwealth, the Rust Devils are a Raider gang with a taste for technology and the smarts to use it. They frequently destroy robots just so they can utilize their scavenged parts.”— Loading screen hint
Appearing in the Commonwealth near the arrival of The Mechanist, the Rust Devils' use of robots differentiates them from the typical raider gangs. To further their capabilities, groups of the Rust Devils scavenge throughout the Commonwealth for functional robots and parts. Any robots they can't capture or reprogram, they strip down either repurposing them as armor, or for parts to maintain their existing cohort.
They are openly hostile to other raider gangs, as Rust Devils and raiders are seen fighting each other upon arrival to the General Atomics factory. Their main outpost is the Fort Hagen satellite array, until the Sole Survivor arrives and has to kill them in order to get to one of the Mechanist's robobrains, Jezebel. Their leader Ivey is also among the casualties sustained, as well as a heavily modified sentry bot named Ahab. Their presence is largely minimal from then on, limited to their robots ambushing caravans and trying to take down random robots across the Commonwealth.
The robots they reprogram are then heavily customized and used for raids or for the defense of their base at the satellite array.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
Sentry bot helmet
|Common raider weapons
Mr. Handy buzz blade
Legendary Rust Devils have a chance of spawning with a legendary Shishkebab
- Headhunting: The Rust Devils are in possesion of Jezebel's head at Fort Hagen satellite array.
- Rogue Robot: Rust Devils may be protecting one of the rogue robots.
- Rust Devils can be encountered randomly across the Commonwealth fighting against various factions as well as occasionally launching attacks against player settlements. True to their specialization, they seem to have a higher chance of spawning at locations where robots are scripted to be present, like the outside of Cabot House, some of the pre-War military checkpoints scattered across the Commonwealth or player-owned settlements that host automatron companions.
- The Rust Devils' robots are a surprisingly reliable source of top-tier ammunition types like fusion cores or mini nukes. Chances are high at least one robot in any encounter will drop one of those items upon death, regardless of robot type and even without any points invested in the Scrounger perk.
- Rust Devils may be a problem for new players or low levels, due to them spawning in at Level 15 - they can become a major threat along with their robots for anyone unaware or ill prepared.
- People settling in Starlight Drive In or Red Rocket may want to be cautious of the nearby random spawns as the Rust Devils commonly spawn with their robots and may venture into the settlements.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.