Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Shit, yeah. Mayor Cobb - I like the sound of that. Running my own town will give me more pull with the guys at the prison, too.”— Joe Cobb
|Side Quest: Run Goodsprings Run|
|Talk to Joe Cobb.|
|Convince Chet to aid the Powder Gangers with a speech or barter check.||Trick Doc Mitchell in to aiding the Powder Gangers with a medicine check.|
|Return to Joe Cobb with the supplies.|
|Attack the town of Goodsprings.|
|Talk to Joe Cobb after the firefight.|
|Reward: Powder ganger fame|
- Find Joe Cobb leaning up against a small house at the southeastern edge of Goodsprings. He will ask the player to kill Ringo, a Crimson Caravan merchant who has fled to Goodsprings to escape the Powder Gangers.
- Going too deep into dialogue with Cobb will cause the player to fail Ghost Town Gunfight, even if they have no intention of helping the Powder Gangers.
- Follow the marker to the Goodsprings gas station and kill Ringo, then return to Joe.
- Joe will tell the player to get supplies from Doc Mitchell or Chet.
- Chet can be convinced to supply the Powder Gangers with leather armor with a successful Speech or Barter skill of 25.
- Doc Mitchell can be lied to, then he must be convinced with a Medicine skill check of 25 to provide aid for a "hurt traveler down by the highway".
- If lacking in the appropriate skills, the player can always buy the supplies, pickpocket the doctor, or simply kill the doctor and take the supplies.
- Head over to Joe Cobb and give him the supplies, and help the Powder Gangers invade Goodsprings. Most non-player characters in town will become hostile, but the player will receive assistance from several Powder Gangers. If not killed previously, Doc Mitchell, Easy Pete, Trudy, Sunny Smiles, and Cheyenne will gather around the Saloon and fight the Courier and the Powder Gangers.
- Once the residents of Goodsprings are dead, the player can talk to Joe and claim the reward.
- This quest is the antithesis of the quest Ghost Town Gunfight.
- Whichever quest the player chooses to complete will affect reputation with both factions and simultaneously cause the player to fail the opposing quest, so be certain who you want to help beforehand.
- If Joe dies during the course of the attack on Goodsprings, but the attack is successful, then the quest will end once all hostile Goodsprings inhabitants have been killed and grant the XP reward to the player. No further reward is obtainable since Joe actually dies (instead of just being 'unconscious') and cannot be spoken to. [verified]
- If you have already spoken to Ringo and agreed to help him, Joe Cobb will dismiss you when you try and ask to help him take over the town. Each time you ask, he'll claim he doesn't like the look of you.
- Once this quest is completed, the surviving Goodsprings citizens will sometimes say, "That was a hell of a way to repay Doc, if you ask me." when interacted with.
- Chet does not take part in the fight, and still runs the general store after the quest is completed.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- Two small dialogue options were cut from the quest, pointing to an additional task Joe would have asked you to perform: freeing the town's bighorners. While Joe's responses are not present, presumably this would have been intended to create chaos in town. The option was likely removed owing to the presence of free-roaming bighorners in Goodsprings in the final release of the game.
|End of information based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content.|
- xbox360 ps3 pc When you kill Ringo and inform Joe Cobb, he will ask you to get supplies from Chet and Doc Mitchell. Before you get supplies you can kill Joe and fail the quest, but Chet and Doc Mitchell will still be locked in the 'Help the Powder Gangers' dialog speech, and you can get infinite experience, leather armor about 1/2 repaired, 30 9mm rounds, and Powder Ganger fame. (See Fallout: New Vegas exploits.) [verified]
- ps3 Sometimes, the mission will not complete. Even though the Courier has killed every citizen in Goodsprings, Joe Cobb will still say that there are people to kill. When attempting to talk to Chet, he will simply say, "Can't talk now, there's a gunfight!". The mission is stuck in this limbo forever. This issue may happen because Doc Mitchell is stuck inside his house. You will have to go in and kill him yourself to complete the quest. [verified]
- pc ps3 Occasionally you will not be able to loot Doc Mitchell's body if you kill him. Saving and reloading does not fix this bug. [verified]