The main room of the mine features several lakelurks. Going up the stairs and down the path leads to a large water-filled cavern with more lakelurks. Under the water there is a round table with four chairs, four human skeletons in or near a chair and the corpse of a super mutant brute floating at the water's surface. On the table is a deck of cards with two cards dealt in front of each seat, 1 up and 1 down, as if the four skeletons had been engaged in a game of Blackjack.
- Pushy can be found on a dead Jackal gang member in the big hall with a lake.
- A multiplas rifle can be found on the super mutant brute, whose corpse is floating in the lake. The mutant's body can also be at the bottom of the lake, in the southwest corner of the cavern.
- Standing at the entrance to the mine (outside), facing away, follow the rock immediately to the left. Just a few feet from the entrance there is a hollowed-out rock with random loot. Located south-southwest of this location is a grave (random item) near the cliff face. Often, there will be a bighorner bull near the grave.
- The dead Jackal gang member in the lake room with Pushy carries a worn key, which fits the explosive crates on the island in the lake.
- The northernmost dead end has two explosive crates.
- There is an exit behind this dead end but cannot be accessed (can be seen if entering the cave with a marker outside the cave, 2 markers will be shown but the second exit is yet to be discovered).
The Ruby Hill mine appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- xbox360 The dead super mutant brute may respawn upon return, but won't be hostile. It will be swimming in place occasionally.[verified]
- xbox360 pc It's possible that if any companions follow the player into the water, they can get stuck swimming under the ramp leading down into the water or on the other end of the lake where they can end up half off map.[verified]