Colonel Royez is a member of the NCR Army stationed on Long 15 in 2281. Access to this location will only be given if the Courier chooses to launch the nuclear weapons at NCR territory during the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Lonesome Road.
Colonel Royez is in charge of the NCR camp on the Long 15, managing supplies between California and the Mojave Outpost. Royez sports the unique Scorched Sierra power armor which is decorated with a taxidermized bear head and some ornamental pieces. The fact that he is the only one having a suit of functional power armor in the NCR Army and therefore possesses Power Armor Training speaks volumes of his status.
He and his squad are encountered in the irradiated Long 15, amidst the wreckage of 3 crashed Vertibirds. He has very high, "boss-like" health and high DT from his armor. He also has rapidly regenerating health.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Scorched Sierra power armor
|Microfusion cell, over charge (1-11)
$5 NCR (20-120) or
$20 NCR (20-70) or
$100 NCR (10-20)
- Like Ulysses and Gaius Magnus, Colonel Royez is immune to knockdowns (such as from the Ranger Takedown or the special attack of the bumper sword).
- Colonel Royez uses overcharged microfusion cells instead of standard cells, giving his plasma caster increased damage and armor penetration. He deals very high damage and can kill a level 50 character in just three or four shots.
- Unlike most non-player characters in the game, he has no less than ten points in every SPECIAL stat and has four tag skills all at 100, making him that much more difficult to fight as an opponent.
- Because Colonel Royez is immune to knockdown, he simply freezes in place when he suffers a critical hit from the Compliance Regulator.
- Royez is one of the few named NPCs that wears power armor along with Paladin Ramos and Paladin Sato, companions being an exception.
- Despite having working power armor, the pulse gun doesn't affect him.
- Colonel Royez, along with Frank Horrigan, Gaius Magnus and Ulysses are the only antagonists in the series that have 10 points in all of the SPECIAL stats.