Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| ||This page is about the roving trader outfits as it appears in Fallout: New Vegas. For the roving trader outfit as it appears in Fallout 3, see Roving trader outfit.|
This item is especially useful during Barter speech checks as it gives a +5 Barter when equipped on the Courier. It provides no Damage Threshold and can be repaired with other roving trader outfits, wasteland outfits, and many others if you have the Jury Rigging perk. It is identical in appearance to the Fallout 3 version.
Contrary to what the name implies, they are not worn by the traveling merchants found throughout the wasteland. The complete set, both hat and outfit, are worn by Malcolm Holmes, arms merchant and the Crimson Caravan Company trader often located outside of Camp McCarran.
- Barton Thorn sometimes wears one.
- Samuel Kerr and Michelle Kerr at the 188 trading post wear them.
- Worn by the 4th character to attempt to enter the Silver Rush during the Birds of a Feather quest. He can be killed with no negative consequences (after pressing him to submit to a search, he will attack the player).
- A full outfit is worn by the nameless Arms merchant at the 188 trading post.
- New Vegas citizens in The Thorn and North sewers often wear them.
- Harland in the basement of the REPCONN Test Site wears one.
- Malcolm Holmes wears one.
- The Prospector merchant in The Prospector's Den will appear wearing one if you clear the den of Jackals.
- Crandon wears one.
- Daniel Contreras wears one.
- Unlike the outfit, the hat is more popular and is frequently worn by Freeside thugs, Jackals, Vipers and other random wastelanders.
- Lacey at the Mojave Outpost wears one.
- Dixon in Freeside wears one. If goaded into attacking the player during High Times, he can be killed with no negative consequences.
- George, found on the road just east of Fields' Shack, wears one. He can be killed with no karma loss or infamy gain.
- It provides no damage threshold and thus cannot be repaired by non-player characters, so the only way to repair it is with use of other clothing.