Essentially, it's a portable bed, allowing you to sleep wherever, whenever (except inside buildings).
- Above the Hopeville Missile Silo Bunker west entrance behind a blue car. (Above and behind you as you exit and are first addressed by Ulysses)
- At the Ruined Highway Interchange alongside a wrecked motorcycle and two deathclaws.
- One is located southeast of the Ashton Silo Control Station, in one of the concrete huts next to the collapsed house with the supplies in it.
- Does not allow the Well Rested bonus unless you take the Roughin' It perk, and sleep outside a building.
- In normal mode, the bed can be used to heal your wounds and crippled limbs far easier outside of combat. However, the bedroll weighs 15 lbs, a small burden to pay for such powers.
- In Hardcore mode, the bed can be used to reduce your sleep deprivation away from a bed.
- The bedroll is accessed through your Pip-Boy under the aid category; simply selecting the bedroll, then exiting the Pip-Boy will open the sleep time length.
- You can only use this outside; attempting to use it indoors will trigger a message saying that it is only approved for outside use.
- When entering The Fort, the bedroll kit is taken from the player, being considered as an aid item.