|The following is based on Fallout Tactics and some details might contradict canon.|
Brothers, brothers, brothers. I didn't expect to see you again so SPOON! You know that I told them that storms would be the end of the air convoy! I told them, but did they listen to me? HECK NO!! Fool Elders! Exiling their own brothers over nothing. FOR NOTHING! Now scratch my back, son, like I did for my pappy.”
Roshambo is a Brotherhood of Steel paladin who traveled east in one of the airships that pursued the super mutant army, in the same airship as paladin Latham in fact. He told the Brotherhood Elders that storms would be the end of the air convoy, but they didn't listen to him and the airship crashed near a place known as Osceolla.
In 2197, Roshambo becomes a crazy old man who hides away and does funny things with his fingers (presumably playing Rock-Paper-Scissors) and urinates in other people's Nuka Cola. He is the sort of man mothers warn their children about.
He apparently still occasionally meets with Latham, and is somewhat loyal to him, despite being mad at him.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
When Latham is defeated, Roshambo becomes hostile to the Warrior and can be killed or left to live on with his madness.
- "...will walk my post in a military manner... Oh! Hello children. I'm sorry, Roshambo doesn't have any candy for you. Is that a pledge pin on your uniform? If it is, will you help me fly again? My airship has fallen and it won't get up!"
- "Brothers, brothers, brothers. I didn't expect to see you again so SPOON! You know that I told them that storms would be the end of the air convoy! I told them, but did they listen to me? HECK NO!! Fool Elders! Exiling their own brothers over nothing. FOR NOTHING! Now scratch my back, son, like I did for my pappy."
- "I said those airships weren't safe. But did they listen to Roshambo? I told them that thing would fly like a "lead zeppelin." Then Gammorin tells me about the mimefield, so I shouldn't blow my old fool head off. So I said, "Hey, change your name all you want, you lilac, I still changed your diapers before you were an inch in your daddy's codpiece." Do you have something shiny that you want to trade? All I have is this map of the mimefield that Latham gave me. It says there are mimes buried in the field that's north of that east building. Hah, hah! Gammorin has his faults, but he don't take no crapola from no meddling mimes!"
Roshambo appears only in Fallout Tactics.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Roshambo was named after an ex-administrator of No Mutants Allowed, also known as "The Roshambo Warrior" and "Rosh", who was vocal in his criticism about Fallout Tactics during the game's production.
- "Roshambo" is also another name for the popular game rock-paper-scissors. This is referenced in his description in which he is described doing 'odd things with his hands'. It is also used in street terms to describe another game in which people kick each other in the groin, and the last man standing wins.
- Roshambo's words about the "lead zeppelin" is a reference to the history of British rock group «Led Zeppelin».