Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| ||For the cellar of Gorski cabin, also called root cellar, see Gorski cabin.|
The root cellar is a shelter built under a neighboring property, two houses east of the House of Tomorrow in 2287. It appears that the owner was not accepted into a vault so he made his own bomb shelter.
It is a small cellar containing a single mattress, a safe, and various pre-War foods strewn across the floor and shelves. The doors can be found behind the house just before the cul-de-sac in the northeast part of Sanctuary Hills, next to wild mutfruit plants.
- Three gold bars can be found around and on the safe.
- Three Gwinnett stouts can be found in a crate on the floor.
- The game files (cell name is "SanctuaryBasementJahani") suggest that this man-made underground shelter was owned or constructed by Jahani and by association he occupied the attached house. The wild mutfruit plants are purposely planted next to the cellar entrance at the rear of the house. There is a store of military ammo inside and a duffle bag cache hidden on the roof, along with the stocked shelter.
- In the pre-War introduction stage, the root cellar is not present, but that may be because the area outside the immediate street layout is not accessible (except via the console) and would have served no purpose.
- It has been reported that the containers in the Root Cellar are safe to use for player storage and do not respawn. The Settlers in Sanctuary will not remove anything you store there, as they cannot travel through cell loading doors. This makes it ideal as an early player home, or for someone playing a "Survivor" type character without any settlement building.
The root cellar appears only in Fallout 4.