Fallout 3 locations project
Bug Verification Project
Roosevelt Academy with WKML Broadcast Station in the background.
Academy entrance, with wastelander falling to his demise.
It consists of three main buildings: Roosevelt Academy, Roosevelt Library, and Roosevelt Arts and Athletics Hall. Before the War, this served as the primary private school for the D.C. area. After the bombs fell and the dust settled, the super mutants created as a result of the Forced Evolutionary Virus experiment in Vault 87 came and set up shop in the ruined buildings and surrounding areas.
Maintenance Tunnels and Evacuation connects the three buildings via a subterranean route. The tunnels are patrolled by centaurs and super mutants. The super mutants have two captives tied up behind locked doors. There are several gas leaks throughout the complex of tunnels as well, so pay attention to where and when you are shooting. The tunnel's Library entrance is hidden underneath a trapdoor which is activated by an electrical switch on the wall.
Higher level players with Broken Steel can find super mutant overlords throughout the site. This area contains one of the game's highest concentration of super mutants; players under level 10 can be quickly overwhelmed.
Maintenance Tunnels and EvacuationEdit
- Pugilism Illustrated on a shelf in a room just east of the sloping sewer tunnel (with radioactive barrels to the north) that leads to Roosevelt Library. Just behind an average locked door if coming from the library entrance to the tunnels.
- Pugilism Illustrated in the men's bathroom near Dean Dewey's office.
- Pre-War book in the Headmaster's Office on desk.
- D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine on a desk in the southeast corner of the southwest Nurse's office.
Roosevelt Arts and Athletics HallEdit
- Pre-War book, on a bookcase in the room nearest the stairs along the northern side of the ground floor.
- Sheet music book on the floor of the eastern side of the stage near the music stands.
- Tumblers Today on the third floor, in a room adjacent to the locker room on a desk with two ammunition boxes and a working radio.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum on the desk in the main room on 1st floor.
- 2 Stealth Boys: one on the desk, one in the ladies' bathroom on the floor to the right of the toilet.
- Roosevelt library key looted from the super mutant inside, who wields a minigun.
- The academy seems to have a large amount of train wreckage littering the outside.
- In the Roosevelt Academy building, there is a protectron unit which may be activated by a terminal in the headmaster's office. The protectron, "Dean Dewey", will ask the player to present a hall pass. The player will then be attacked, although this can be avoided with the Robotics Expert perk or Child at Heart perk. He will also escort "special" characters (that is, those with Intelligence below 3) to a special education room.
- In the Arts and Athletics Hall there is a unique miniature city building on the stage.
- East of Roosevelt Academy the unique hostile raider A Wanderer may be found near his camp. He possesses the unique Wanderer's leather armor and his camp nearby has a mini nuke, a pre-War book, and two ammunition boxes.
- The sheet music book may be located on the roof of the small fake building to the right (closest to the music stands).
- In the underground tunnels there are a number of child sized skeletons indicating that some sort of evacuation or attempt to take shelter was made.
Roosevelt Academy appears only in Fallout 3. There's also a mention of it in Fallout: New Vegas in the form of a bumper sticker found on ED-E that reads, "My child is an Honor Student at Roosevelt Academy."
Behind the scenesEdit
- The academy is named after Roosevelt High School, a real life school outside of Washington, D.C. in Maryland. Dean Dewey, the Academy's protectron, refers to the school as Roosevelt High School when activated at the Headmaster's terminal.
- The name Dewey is a reference to Franklin Roosevelt's 1944 Republican opponent, Thomas E. Dewey or to Melvil Dewey, the creator of the Dewey Decimal System, a system used in most libraries.
- xbox360 As you enter the Maintenance and Evacuation Tunnel from the Roosevelt Academy, you may notice a random explosion go off near a group of radioactive barrels. This is caused by a grenade bouquet that is set off by a bunch of objects set on the floor that twitch and knock a precariously placed radioactive barrel into the bouquet. You can dodge this by not bumping anything until you disarm the bouquet. [verified]