The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
My communications are down and I can't call them back, but I can tell you where they are. If you're interested.”— Mechanist
|Automatron radiant quest: Rogue Robot|
|Talk to Ada.||Talk to Isabel.|
|Travel to the designated location.|
|Destroy the rogue robot.|
|Reward: 300+ XP|
- South of Mass Pike Tunnel East
- East of Poseidon Reservoir
- North of Chestnut Hillock Reservoir
- North of Fort Hagen satellite array
- North of Sunshine Tidings co-op
- East of Relay tower 0BB-915
- East of Gorski cabin
- East of Sanctuary Hills
- Southeast of Suffolk County charter school
- West of Old Gullet sinkhole
- North of Boston Public Library
- North of Andrew station
- South of Wattz Consumer Electronics
- South of Cambridge crater
- East of Greentop Nursery
- West of Finch Farm
- Northwest of Hangman's Alley
- Unlike all radiant quests in the base game, this quest completes and reward is dispensed immediately upon destruction of the target, as opposed to requiring the player character to return to the quest-giver for reward and completion.
- Not unlike other radiant quests, the Mechanist will sometimes say that she can't find any new signals and the player character should wait. To get around this, just talk with her again.
- Codsworth, Piper, Nick, Curie, Hancock, Strong, Deacon, Danse and Preston like accepting this quest.
- Sometimes the robots will be attacking settlers, and if the robots are killed before the robots kill the settlers, the settlers may be recruited. This most often occurs at Fort Hagen satellite array and Hangman's Alley. Since the settlers can then be sent to any settlement of the Survivor's choice (barring Home Plate), regardless of the maximum population, this quest can be exploited to increase the population of a settlement indefinitely.
- Ada only gives this quest if you kill Isabel at the end of Automatron.
- Sometimes after killing the rogue robot, the quest will not complete and it will stay in the Pip-Boy. However, it is possible to talk to Ada again and after exhausting all other dialog options, she will give you another quest which can be completed.[platforms tag needed][verification overdue]
- pc ps4 May require user to talk to Ada and the Mechanist several times before dialogue will suggest another rogue robot.[verification overdue]
- pc ps4 Sometimes there will be no robots or corpses of said robots at the location, so the quest completes upon reaching the quest marker.[verified]