| || This page is about the custom built weapon Rock-It Launcher in Fallout 3. For an overview of rocket launcher types in the Fallout series of games, see rocket launcher.|
For the Fallout 3 rocket launcher equivalent, see missile launcher (Fallout 3).
The Rock-It Launcher allows you to shoot Rock-It Launcher ammunition; a wide variety of junk items from tin cans to teddy bears, at your enemies. Heavier objects will arc more in flight outside of V.A.T.S. targeting; given the rate of fire (3.3/s) and high action point cost (32) it may be important to aim freehand more often. The way that objects would be placed on a shelf is the way they fly from the gun. Silverware and tools will be shot horizontally, while empty Nuka-Cola bottles and the like, which are placed on a shelf upright, on end, will be shot that way from the gun. Most ammunition is not weightless, and nearly any piece of junk can be used as ammunition. Ammunition can also be recovered and reused after a fight.
The Rock-It Launcher can fire a total of about 100 objects from full condition before breaking.
This weapon must be assembled; no set locations of it exist in the game.
Vacuum cleaner (1)
Leaf blower (1)
Firehose nozzle (1)
Rock-It Launcher (1)
- All ammunition has the same damage, as even soft teddy bears do the same damage as items that would normally have deadly effects, like deathclaw hands.
- Non-player characters and companions cannot use the Rock-It Launcher, as it is marked as "Player Only."
- You can shoot some objects that are considerably larger than the diameter of the firehose nozzle "barrel" should allow - including other firehose nozzles, motorcycle gas tanks, and basketballs.
- Projectiles of all kinds tend to sink into irregular static meshes of rubble or natural rock and gravel, making them difficult to detect or nearly impossible to activate to pick back up. This is most likely what happens to the ones that too often seemingly vanish.
- A broken Rock-It Launcher will still have ammunition loaded into it. The ammunition will remain in the weapon and count against carry weight. Dropping the launcher and picking it back up will return all of the objects to the player's inventory.
- Plungers and sharp objects like knives will not stick into walls or enemies.
- You can hear the vacuum turn on and off as you unholster and holster the gun.
- Pencils, which are weightless, cannot be used as ammunition.
ps3 xbox360 You sometimes cannot use the schematics or even view them, even with all components in your inventory. (Has been fixed for the pc)[verified]
| || |