Rivet City market
The market is closing soon. You'd better make it quick.”
- Cindy Cantelli of A Quick Fix
- Bannon of Potomac Attire
- Flak and Shrapnel of Flak 'N Shrapnel's
- Seagrave Holmes of Rivet City Supply
- Garey and Angela Staley of Gary's Galley
- The market unlocks and opens for business at 8:00AM. However, merchants will begin selling their goods at 7:00AM even if they have not entered the marketplace yet.
- If coming into the marketplace in the morning (around 8:00 or 9:00 AM), some of the merchants will be eating breakfast at Gary's Galley. The guards will say things along the lines of "* merchant* is eating breakfast right now at the Gary's Galley, but they will still sell their goods if asked".
- Even if they are nowhere near their shops, the merchants will say the greetings they would say if they were at their shops.
- If you don't leave the marketplace before closing time, merchants and guards will ask you to leave and later on turn hostile.
- If you have already enslaved Flak as part of the Strictly Business quest, he will not be present. Due to a bug, if he is freed from Paradise Falls he will return to Rivet City, but when spoken to will simply give the generic 'freed slave' dialogue, rendering his repair services and those as a shop vendor unusable to console players. However, as both Flak and Shrapnel share the same store inventory, Shrapnel will retain his uses in item repair and continue to sell any items Flak did previously.
The Rivet City market appears only in Fallout 3.