| ||For an overview of Ripper models in the Fallout series of games, see Ripper (weapon).|
A short-bladed, chainsaw-like device that was used by the military before the war, most likely used both as a weapon and as a general-purpose cutting tool.
The Ripper is a chain-blade type weapon that has very high DPS. Unlike its implementation in previous Fallout games, it can execute a powerful slashing attack on command outside of V.A.T.S. thanks to the addition of a separate melee power attack button. It is affected by the same perks as all melee weapons.
A Ripper normally inflicts 7 hits per attack in V.A.T.S., but is dealt rapidly in a short period of time, making a wounding variant one of the most powerful weapons in the game. When executing a V.A.T.S. critical attack, it has a special animation for the critical, striking opponents from a downward angle rather than stabbing them.
|Slot||Mod||Description||Weapon prefix||Damage per hit change||Weight change||Weapon value change in caps||Perk needed||Components||Base ID|
|Curved blade||Chance to disarm. Better damage.||Curved||+4||+1.1||+15||–||Adhesive x6|
|Extended blade||Targets bleed. Exceptional damage.||Extended||+5||+3||+25||Blacksmith 3||Adhesive x8|
- Reckoning, which is sold by Smiling Larry either during a random encounter or at a weapon emporium if he is recruited as a settler. Reckoning has the effect that you take 15% less damage when standing and not moving.
- The Harvester, the unique Ripper found in Echo Lake Lumber in the add-on Far Harbor.
- One location for the Ripper is in the West Everett Estates, more specifically inside a shack next to a yellow house, just before the entrance to the Backyard Bunker. Inside, just beside the entrance to the bunker on a cabinet, you will find the Ripper.
- It can also be bought from Arturo Rodriguez, in Diamond City.
- May also spawn on high level Gunners.
- This Ripper is different in appearance to previous versions as it is militarized in design and colors, while previous versions have been more like tools.
- Unlike models seen in previous Fallout games, the Fallout 4 Ripper's chain has absolutely no teeth, which would make it useless as a weapon. This is likely a developer oversight, as the concept art displays teeth on its chain.
| || |
| || |