Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
| ||For an overview of Ripper models in the Fallout series of games, see Ripper (weapon).|
A short-bladed, chainsaw-like device that was used by the military before the war, most likely used both as a weapon and as a general-purpose cutting tool.
The Ripper is a chain-blade type weapon that has very high DPS. Unlike its implementation in previous Fallout games, it can execute a powerful slashing attack on command outside of V.A.T.S. thanks to the addition of a separate melee power attack button. It is affected by the same perks as all melee weapons.
A Ripper normally inflicts 7 hits per attack in V.A.T.S., but is dealt rapidly in a short period of time, making a wounding variant one of the most powerful weapons in the game, but when executing a V.A.T.S. critical attack, it seems to only do 1 hit; this may be a bug.
|Slot||Mod||Description||Weapon prefix||Damage per hit change||Weight change||Weapon value change in caps||Perk needed||Components||Base ID|
|Curved blade||Chance to disarm. Better damage.||Curved||+4||+1.1||+15||–||Adhesive x6|
|Extended blade||Targets bleed. Exceptional damage.||Extended||+5||+3||+25||Blacksmith 3||Adhesive x8|
- Reckoning, which is sold by Smiling Larry either during a random encounter or at a weapon emporium if he is recruited as a settler. Reckoning has the effect that you take 15% less damage when standing and not moving.
- The Harvester, the unique Ripper found in Echo Lake Lumber in the Fallout 4 add-on Far Harbor.
- One location for the Ripper is in the West Everett Estates, more specifically inside a shack next to a yellow house, just before the entrance to Backyard Bunker. Inside just beside the entrance to the bunker, on a cabinet you will find the Ripper.
- It can also be bought from Arturo Rodriguez, in Diamond City.
- May also spawn on high level Gunners.
- The Fallout 4 Ripper is different in appearance to previous versions as it is militarized in design and colours, while previous versions have been more like tools.
- Unlike models seen in previous Fallout games, the Fallout 4 Ripper's chain has absolutely no teeth, which would make it useless as a weapon. This is a developer oversight, as the concept art displays teeth on its chain.
| || |
| || |