| ||For an overview of Ripper models in the Fallout series of games, see Ripper (weapon).|
A Ripper™ vibroblade. Powered by a small energy cell, the chainblade rips and tears into its target.”— Fallout and Fallout 2 description
The Ripper vibroblade has a number of steel teeth that rotate at an extremely fast pace. This allows the Ripper to easily cut through a targets flesh and bone. It has excellent damage statistics and is one of the best melee weapons available. However, to operate the Ripper, small energy cells are required.
- Given to you by Mathia or Michael in Lost Hills.
- Various people carry one in the Cathedral, including Dane.
- Sold by the Gun Runners
- Carried by press gangs around San Francisco.
- Carried by a member of the New Khans on level 3 of Vault 15 (in the right room from the elevator).
- Occasionally sold by Buster in New California Republic