Going to be sad to leave the Residential District. Well... not really.”— Dean Domino
Before the Great War, the Residential District was a place for the casino's high rollers and entertainers to enjoy the outdoors of the Villa in seclusion.
The quickest route to and from Dean Domino's house requires passing through a small section of toxic cloud, but by turning left at the initial fork and then hugging the right wall until reaching a square with two strings of "Christmas Lights" hung across to Domino's tall house, he can be reached fairly quickly.
In the cloud-filled square one passes along this route, the second story of the northern building contains one of Dean's Secret Stashes.
Taking the western route makes it possible to reach Dean Domino without passing through any toxic cloud concentrations. One must climb the stairs straight ahead, just past the demolition charge, when arriving from the Villa gate, and then pass through a building booby-trapped with a pressure plate, two rigged shotguns, and a trip-wire rigged to a grenade bouquet to reach a square on the other side.
On reaching the second square, there is a mass of toxic cloud ahead on the lower story (the one with three ammo boxes and a brightly glowing container of radaway in the center), although through this and to the south there is a cul-de-sac where one of Dean's Secret Stashes can be found.
One can however continue to avoid passing through toxic cloud by crossing to the next staircase and traversing a series of upper balconies and rooms. Sometimes these look like they contain wisps of toxic cloud, but while passing along the main path there will not be cloud damage. Both of the upper floor rooms are variously trapped with trip wires and pressure plates, and the balconies with demolition charges.
Upon reaching the next staircase down, it appears that the staircase descends into toxic cloud, but when hugging the right wall all the around it does not. One eventually reaches Dean Domino's house with its strings of lights across the square; the entrance to the house can be reached around to its rear.
- There are two Dean's secret stash locations in this area.
- Duck and Cover! on the floor next to the head of the bed in Dean Domino's room.
- There are three Lover's Mark stash locations. The first is just to the left as you enter the area from the Villa containing miscellaneous foodstuffs. The second is south of the stairs leading to Domino's room, in the SW corner of the courtyard, behind the corner arch pillar, and has ammo, and the third is up the second set of stairs next to the cloud covered courtyard with the tripwire and grenade trap. Next to the stove in the corner.
- Fifteen frag grenades can be obtained if all five grenade bouquets are successfully disarmed - notable because explosive weapons are otherwise rather difficult to obtain in the Sierra Madre.
- Ace of Diamonds - Sierra Madre: Around the corner southwest of the door to the Villa, past a vending machine and tree stump, under the south end of a bench.
- 2 of Spades - Sierra Madre: Inside a second floor room with a pressure plate, rigged shotgun and fire extinguisher trap, with cloud covered courtyards to the south and (along with two dead trees and three tree stumps) to the east, behind a bed against the north wall.
- 7 of Hearts - Sierra Madre: Inside a second floor room with a tripwire and rigged shotgun, southeast of the doors to the Villa and east of the wall fountain and stairs seen when entering, on a wooden coffee table with two bottles of dirty water.
- 9 of Hearts - Sierra Madre: Inside a second floor room southeast of Dean's place, behind a bed in the southwest corner.
- Although the numerous traps in the area nominally belong to Dean Domino, he will nonetheless walk right into them and set them off while he is the Courier's companion.
- The various toxic cloud-filled areas can be more easily explored with Dean Domino as a companion, although again beware his tendency to set off his own traps.