Rescue Amanda's husband, Joshua
Vault City Servant Allocation Center
I...well, I...it's my husband Joshua. He...got into some trouble in...the bar. He accidentally struck a Citizen and was arrested. He didn't mean to, but he'd been drinking, and...”— Amanda
|Side Quest: Rescue Amanda's husband, Joshua|
|Speak with Amanda.|
|Agree to spend some time with her. (optional)|
|Go to the Servant Allocation Center and speak with Barkus.|
|Bribe or convince Barkus to let Joshua free.|
|Return to Amanda.|
|Reward: 500 XP, $32 or -15 Karma|
If you talk to Barkus you can arrange Joshua's release in one of several ways:
- Convince the guard that Joshua has contracted the (insert Chosen One's name)'s Syndrome (Speech 80% or Doctor 75%).
- Offer a bribe (from $250 to $1000 depending on your Barter skill).
- If you're a citizen, you can tell Barkus that Joshua is a troublesome individual and should be kicked out before he causes others to act up as well or that he may be infected (Speech 75%).
- If you're Captain of the Guard you can just order his release.
- Do it by force, but it's not recommended because everyone will turn hostile towards you.
In either case you get 500 XP if you set him free. Go to his tent in the Courtyard and talk to his wife for an added reward of $32.
- You won't get the quest if you're a Slaver or a Childkiller or if your Karma is less than 0.
- After you collect the reward, Joshua and his family will leave once you exit the map, so make sure you get the wrench from Curtis first.
- If you're male you can ask Amanda for sex as payment instead of money.
- Per Jorner's The Nearly Ultimate Fallout 2 Guide.