Bug Verification Project
A typical reloading bench.
Reloading bench is a world object in Fallout: New Vegas.
The reloading bench's primary purpose is to convert different forms of ammunition to others, making otherwise useless ammunition immediately valuable. However, these conversions do not share the same casings or hulls needed. They share only lead, powder, and primer, so these are not a straight conversion.
- At a reloading bench, you can hand-load your own rounds using certain raw materials. Note that the types of cartridges you can create depend on your Repair skill, ammunition specifications you have found, and whether or not you have the Hand Loader perk.
- You can also disassemble cartridges in your possession in order to obtain reloading materials. Note that the break-down process doesn't return exactly all of the materials a round was made of, so it is wise to avoid unnecessary ammunition processing.
- Additionally, you can use the bench to extract Lead from piles of scrap metal. Tin cans and scrap metal can be used in combination with the shell or cartridge needed to make that type of junk round (only available with the junk rounds perk from the add-on Dead Money).
Reloading benches can be found in almost all relatively large settlements. They can also be found around small encampments and outside stores
- ED-E is a mobile reloading bench, one just has to recruit it as a companion and intiate a conversation
- One can be found in Goodsprings next to the General Store
- One can be found in the Primm Sheriff's Office
- One is located in the Nevada Highway Patrol station
- One can be found in Nipton, in the house just east of city hall
- One can be found in Novac, inside the Poseidon Gas Garage
- One can be found in the abandoned shack just north of Yangtze Memorial
- One can be found in the basement of the REPCONN offices after you encounter Davison
- One can be found in The Gray in North Vegas Square
- One is located in Cerulean Robotics in Freeside
- One can be found right next to the Gun Runners stall.
- One is found inside Harper's Shack to the left of the door.
- One can be found in the Nellis Air Force Base Hangar.
- Three of them are found in the Gun Runner's factory. It is advised you have high sneak and/or Stealth Boys before entering.
- One can be found in the Brotherhood of Steel Safehouse.
- One can be found at Ranger Station Foxtrot, behind the crates near the COMM's tent.
- One can be found at the NCR Ranger Safehouse just in the kitchen next to a shelf of NCR armor.
- One can be found in the very back of the Prospector's Den, near the soda vending machine.
- One is found next to Samuel Kerr's shack at the 188 trading post.
- Abandoned Brotherhood of Steel bunker, in Elijah's room, next to a workbench.
- In the Villa Police Station, off the north hallway on the first floor.
- One can be found in the Survivalist's quarters in Stone Bones Cave.
- One in the Fallen Rock Cave, with the Compliance Regulator.
Old World BluesEdit
- One is found in The Sink.
- The reloading bench can only break down or convert standard ammunition into other types. For example, 5.56mm rounds can be broken down and remade into armor piercing and hollow point rounds, but not vice versa. The same applies to energy weapon ammunition.
- Sometimes when opening the reloading bench and hovering over any option in the left column and then moving to the right column and then back to the left to select something else, everything besides the "Exit" button becomes unclickable. Coming out of the menu and back on fixes this. It seems to happen by random chance. [verified] [platforms tag needed]