Fallout 3 locations project
Relay tower KX-B8-11
The tower stands about 40 feet in height and is surrounded by a fence.
The signal repeats a message from Bob Anderstein that says he has taken shelter in a nearby drainage culvert with his wife and his son. He also says that his son is very sick and needs medical attention, he pleads for anyone that hears his message to help.
If the player walks just a bit to the southeast of the relay tower, downhill near a few rocky outcrops he will see the end of the metal drainage pipe. Enter, and at the end of the tunnel he will find two doors. The one on the right contains the long-dead bodies of Mr. Anderstein and his wife, but no son. There's a lunchbox, first aid box, and some other random supplies.
- D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine, pre-War book, and Mentats in a drainage tunnel southeast of Relay Tower KX-B8-11. They are on a table behind the second door on the left.
- Southeast of the drainage tunnel, you can find a copy of Guns and Bullets in the outhouse near a silo and destroyed house.
- There is a 'Type A' random encounter site on the east side of the relay tower between the fence and a nearby rock face.
- If the player stands on the gridline directly between Relay Tower KX-B8-11 and Grisly Diner and walk due north, he/she will come across a pile of cars stacked together to form a shelter over an outhouse and a bathtub. Next to the bathtub, in the radioactive goo, are a couple of locked ammunition boxes (easy), and in the bathtub itself a Nuka-Cola Quantum.
- Between here and Chaste Acres Dairy Farm, the player may encounter 2 Enclave soldiers and an officer traveling north east as if headed for the MDPL-16 Power Station.
- The player can reach the radio tower power switch without unlocking the gate, since it's located close enough to the fence.
Relay tower KX-B8-11 only appears in Fallout 3.