The Reeb Marina was home to two twin brothers, Eugene and Malcolm, who arrived at the area ten days after the Great War. They worked to repair the marina's boats in hopes of escaping the madness, but an altercation about where the two should sail led to an unfortunate end.
When the Sole Survivor arrives, they are greeted by a Mr. Handy that says "Hello, Eugene! Your brother Malcolm has prepared a surprise for you," leading them to a back room. The surprise is a a birthday sweet roll with candles on it. Two of the three Mr. Handies will repeatedly say "Happy Birthday Eugene" before turning hostile. The third Mr Handy stays friendly.
Although the Mr. Handy mistakes the Sole Survivor as Eugene and leads them to the "trap" his brother Malcolm prepared, the skeleton as well as the date shown on the terminal suggest that Malcolm was actually killed by Eugene first. Companions will also comment on this event.
It's also possible that "Eugene" and "Malcolm" were two halves of a single character with a dual personality. This would make the "surprise" an unintended suicide and would be another explanation for why there's only one Happy Birthday Sweet Roll and only one skeleton. In this scenario the "Malcolm" personality showed up first and was caught in "Eugene's" trap, leaving the Mr. Handies to wait forever for "Eugene."
This section is needed but has not been written yet. You can help Nukapedia by writing it.
- Tesla Science Magazine issue #9 - On the kitchen's table.
- Happy Birthday sweet roll - On the same table.
- Breakroom notes - On the kitchen's counter.
- Bathroom notes - On the bathroom's sink.
The Reeb Marina appears only in Fallout 4.
- pc xboxone ps4 Sometimes, Mr. Handy robots do not attack the Sole Survivor once they reach the kitchen.[verified]
- May be caused by nearby raiders or other enemies killing one or more of the robots before the player arrives/begins the quest.
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.