It provides no damage resistance and is purely a cosmetic item - however, it is counted as a piece of lower headwear, which allows the user to equip any sort of upper headwear at the same time. It can be equipped by Dogmeat.
- May be dropped by named dogs and attack dogs.
- May spawn on settlers, scavengers and wasteland travelers.
- A blue bandana can be found on a still floating boat southwest of the Cambridge Polymer Labs.
- A blue can be found on a partially sunken boat directly north of the Museum of Witchcraft, and slightly north west of Sandy Coves Convalescent Home. It is next to a skeleton.
- A blue one on a white boat, southwest of the USS Constitution.
- The house closest to the Red Rocket truck stop. Upstairs is a dresser guaranteed to contain a welding goggles and a red bandana that adds one more every time the cell loads.
- Can be acquired from Erickson if Dogmeat is with you.
- A blue one can be found on the corpse of a scavenger right outside the Harbormaster hotel.
- A Jangles bandana can be found under a Pack rad gorilla chair in Nuka-Town backstage.
- Gunner's bandanas and skull bandanas can be found anywhere that low-level Gunnners are present. It is a common cosmetic item that is worn frequently, and is usually dropped when they are killed.
- Stars and Stripes bandana can be found inside Monsignor Plaza, on a shelf behind the counter of the clothing store, located on the first floor.
All bandanas are equippable on both NPCs and dogs as a cosmetic item.