| ||For an overview of BB gun variants in the Fallout series of games, see BB gun.|
A limited edition version of the Red Ryder BB gun. A true classic.”— Fallout In-game description
The Red Ryder BB gun is a BB gun made by Daisy Outdoor Products and introduced in 1938 that resembles the Winchester rifle of Western movies. Named for the comic strip cowboy character Red Ryder, it is arguably the most famous BB gun in American history.
A limited edition of the regular Red Ryder BB gun with a compass in stock. This is a mint weapon that can do insane amounts of damage if your skills are sufficient.
Found at the "Bob's Pre-owned Car Mart" special random encounter, along with some BBs and a normal BB gun. Look in the boxes behind the locked door. Very rare to get in the first game. This encounter is a reference to an event in Wasteland.
- It can be acquired in the Sierra Army Depot. With sufficient Science skill you can resurrect Dobbs, who will quickly die as a consequence of the unfreezing process. He carries the LE BB gun.
- Buster, the gun merchant in the NCR Bazaar, will also occasionally have it in stock.
- Red 888 Guns in San Francisco Chinatown sometimes has one in stock.
- It can also be found via a random event while traveling in the wasteland.
Behind the scenes
- The Red Ryder BB gun is named after the real life "Red Ryder BB gun."
- The Red Ryder BB gun was also a powerful weapon obtainable in Wasteland, the predecessor game to the Fallout series. In Highpool, the party has to fight the child whose dog (Rex) "was gunned down by vigilante Rangers," or it could be acquired via cheat.
- The Red Ryder himself is another reference to the BB gun and Wasteland, he shows up to fight the Rangers in revenge should they murder the children making fun of them after falling into the river.