| ||For an overview of the gun with the same name from Fallout Shelter, see Red Rocket (Fallout Shelter).|
Red Rocket is a franchise of filling stations for pre-Great War automobiles. Derelict stations can be found across the Capital Wasteland and the Commonwealth, usually in close proximity to former auto-maintenance garages, public rest areas, and suburban settlements.
Although Red Rocket was known to distribute petroleum-based fuels such as gasoline and diesel, by 2077 certain locations in the Boston area exclusively offered reactor coolant for nuclear-powered vehicles. "Class A Coolant" was sold for the going rate of $103.99 per gallon, and "Class C Coolant" for $113.99.
- Andale - On the main street, south of the residents' houses.
- Bethesda ruins - West of the ruins.
- Big Town - Right outside of the town.
- Car dealership - North-east of this location.
- Friendship Heights - West north-west of the station.
- Jocko's Pop & Gas Stop - Next to the steel shack.
- Old Olney - A random encounter location, usually giant radscorpions attacking a wastelander.
- Rockbreaker's Last Gas - Includes a Nuka-Cola Quantum on top of the vending machine.
- Springvale - On the main street.
- Smith Casey's Garage - Contains some abandoned cars next to an army roadblock.
- Willy's Grocer
- Tenpenny Tower - East of Tenpenny Tower, is a random encounter location.
- Atom Cats garage
- Red Rocket truck stop
- A station just north of the Electrical Hobbyist's Club.
- A station in Lexington.
- A station north of Nahant Sheriff's Department
- Fort Hagen filling station
- A station just northwest of the Collegiate Administration Building
- At the base of a fueling station, where the gas pumps would be on an ordinary station, a dirty sign is visible that appears to say "Petroleum spirit. Highly flammable."
- Red Rocket refueling stations seem to appear next to almost every mechanic's workshop in the Capital Wasteland.
- The Children of Atom in Megaton has a 'Red Rocket' rocket on top of their church, either taken from one of the refueling stations or taken from the Springvale Elementary playground.
- There are usually one or two trash bins and/or Nuka-Cola vending machines to be found in the vicinity.
- The station's apparatus is a prime example of Raygun Gothic architecture.
- Mini Red Rockets can be seen at playgrounds, pointing towards the company sponsering, or even creating playground equipment.
- After The Waters of Life quest several Enclave scouting parties will set up shop near Red Rocket stations.
- Red Rocket is a company in Fallout 4; the Sole Survivor's dog companion is first encountered at one of their stations, and a board sign is seen in the Fallout 4 teaser trailer.
- Seeing as a euphemism for a dog's penis is a "Red Rocket" and the Sole Survivor's dog is confirmed as a male, the choice of the gas station's name might have been an intentional innuendo on part of the Bethesda programmers.
in some Red Rocket stations, there is "reactor coolant" presumably for the atomic cars that existed at the time. types such as class C and A are availible, at heavily inflated prices.
- ↑ Fallout 4 - Red Rocket billboard
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Fallout 4 - Red Rocket, "Last Coolant Recharge" sign
- ↑ YouTube: Fallout 4 -- E3 Showcase World Premiere (Red Rocket price sign at 13:32)