A confident, proud woman who attempts to conceal her emotions behind a mask of stoicism, Red Lucy perceives human life as cheap and fragile. She views The Thorn as a means to escape from the bonds of a harsh and hostile land, "awakening" people and allowing them to "choose the moment of death against the will of destiny." She acknowledges that both New Vegas and the Wasteland are needed in order to make this possible.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Bleed Me Dry: Red Lucy will ask you to retrieve eggs of various creatures throughout the wasteland as a favor for The Thorn.
- Fight Night: If you feel like betting on some animal fights, Red Lucy's the one you'll want to talk to.
Effects of player's actionsEdit
After completing Bleed Me Dry, Red Lucy will offer to sleep with the Courier, as he/she has proven themselves as a mighty hunter.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Bounty hunter duster
Prickly pear fruit
Hull, 12 gauge
If you pickpocket her duster, sometimes she won't wear the sexy sleepwear.
- "The Thorn is my master, not the other way around. I live to make our kin able to transcend their limitations. Our land is harsh, and hostile. Our lives are cheap, and fragile. Death is our assured fate, striking when least we expect it. The Thorn awakens us to the truth. Here we escape from our bonds, and choose the moment of death against the will of destiny."
- "Westside attracts all sorts of travelers, including merchants and farmers. They come here to exchange their goods, or to seek protection. Our community provides enough food, clothes, weapons and medicine to encourage trade, and to arm our defenses. The Thorn demonstrates, beyond anything else, that we're self-sufficient. Our desert-blood has overcome even the strongest beasts of the Wasteland."
- "Your bravery surpasses that of any other, and I've come to admire your actions. Before death takes us, I would know you deeper. Come with me... My Hunter."
- "The clamor of our bloodthirsty crowds reaches every corner of The Wasteland, but I'll pretend that your ignorance doesn't offend me, stranger. This is The Thorn! Here's where the strong make a name for themselves and the weak are fed to the jaws of hell. You can bet on the contenders or, if you have what it takes, be one of the contenders. Be warned, The Thorn demands respect. Break the rules, or offend me in any way, and I'll gut you open for all to see."
- "You are a match to my elite, but don't congratulate yourself so profusely just yet. Still, your valor deserves recognition and I shall honor it."
- "Even if I trusted you I'd not share my secrets just for your pretty face, stranger. The Thorn's a sacred ground, a source of awe. Here we truly rule over the forces of nature, for once. These beasts are slaves to their instincts and hunger for blood. That's good enough an answer for everyone, and it'll do for you too."
- "This is it, hunter. I've decided to grant you the opportunity to earn the greatest honor The Thorn could ever expect. Deathclaws are our most precious and our most feared contenders. I want you to be the one to deliver the sacred eggs to me, personally."
- "You speak the truth, stranger, and The Thorn lives by the justice that honor and strength dispense."
Red Lucy appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- After sleeping with Lucy, the player cannot engage in conversation with her. She will only say "Lay down with me, my hunter." even if she is not in her room. If she is in her room, the same lines will play, however opening a dialogue box that closes. She will lay down on her bed, however you cannot sleep with her now. Can be fixed by simply getting back in the bed after the act and sleeping for 12–24 hours. [verified]
- If the player chooses to speak with Lucy after she has lain down in the bed (before the cut scene), she will get up, change back into her combat gear, ask the player to lie down in bed with her, and lie down once again. After the black screen fades, she is still lying on the bed in her combat gear. [verified]
- Sometimes when you ask what match is going on next and after you bet, the creatures will just stand there looking at each other doing nothing. You can't talk to Lucy or get your money. [verified]
- On the completion of Bleed Me Dry and after Red Lucy asks you to follow her to her room she'll do the normal dialogue and then walk back out of the room. Clicking on the bed will cause an Autosave and then the cutscene will starts, but with no sound. Once done the player is not able to move, select anything or even use their Pipboy, its recommended to load a previous save. [verified]
- If you kill Lucy while she is in her bed chamber after she beckons you to bed, upon your return to the Thorn her corpse can be found in her usual place on the catwalk. [verified]
- After following Red Lucy to her room she turns on the light above her bed. If the player then turns off the light and proceeds to speak with Lucy, she will change back into her combat gear and the light will automatically switch back on. [verified]
- If the player saves while Red Lucy is lying on the bed in preparation for her "hunter," and then reloads the saved game, sometimes both Lucy's eyes will be open. [verified]
- After attempting to sleep with her as a female character, the screen will go dark as per usual, but when it returns, the player will be frozen in place. You will be able to look in a circle, and utilize the start button menu, but nothing else. The only option is to load an earlier save, and next time avoid sleeping with her. [verified]