The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Better image needed (issue: Cropping required.)
The article, infobox or file image has quality issues that need to be rectified. Please help Fallout Wiki by editing or replacing it with a better version.
"You're all a bunch of psychopaths! And I love you for it."”
There are two stories describing the origin of his nickname told by himself in his radio broadcasts. The first ascribes it to him allegedly bursting every blood vessel in his eyes after extreme intoxication from a drinking contest and lifting a massive guy up above his head after his victory. The other is supposedly from when he first met Colter, saying that Colter called him RedEye due to his lack of sleep giving him bloodshot eyes and making him look "really cool".
The location from which RedEye broadcasts, although it's somewhere in Nuka-World, is unknown and he is never actually encountered in the game.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
- RedEye may be a pathological liar, as the stories he tells on the radio aren't consistent. For example, he has more than one story for how he got his name. In the same vein, he ascribes a song about lost love to "a friend", although it is obvious he is describing his own experience.
- RedEye's news broadcasts and comments indicate he has a boastful, self-aggrandising personality. He repeatedly claims that he could've been Overboss himself but only chooses not to as well as describing himself as highly competent and vital to the gangs he previously ran with.
- If the Sole Survivor turns against the raiders, RedEye will do one final broadcast alerting the raiders to this and that he's going to flee before the Survivor can find him. After this, Nuka-World Radio becomes silent with the signal still running.
- His real name may be Russel, as Red Eye reports that there are rumors concerning it and seems to react in a way towards it via refusing its truth, though in a way that suggests Russel may indeed be his name. [verification overdue]
- He is the first radio broadcaster in Fallout games to sing his own songs.
- If the raider storyline is completed, he will repeat the same news stories (e.g; Overboss claimed Safari Zone and gave it to the Operators, Overboss captured the bottling plant and gave it to the Pack) as well as addressing the three gangs even if one of them was wiped out during the epilogue.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- RedEye's name is a possible reference to Paul 'ReDeYe' Chaloner.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|
Sometimes, even after killing the Raider gangs and finishing Open Season, RedEye will still be broadcasting news of the Sole Survivor's achievements for the raider gangs. He will stop broadcasting these news when the player tunes into the radio for some time. [platforms tag needed] [verification overdue]
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.