Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The recruitment beacon is a large radio antenna, that can be built at owned settlements. Once built and supplied with the necessary power, it will transmit a radio station listed as Settlement recruitment beacon in an area around the settlement and attracts more settlers to come live there. The transmission (and recruitment) can be turned on and off using the switch at the base of the tower.
It can be listened to like any other radio station, it loops between playing a message pre-recorded by the Sole Survivor, followed by music.
The range of the beacon can be extended by activating relay towers near the settlement to boost the signal. This also increases the recruitment of settlers.[verified]
Recruitment radio beacon (1)
- The beacon is found in the workbench menu under Power > Miscellaneous.
- The songs that play after the pre-recorded message are the same as the Enclave Radio songs from Fallout 3.
- Each beacon will gradually increase the number of settlers until the maximum is reached (10 plus Charisma stat).
- Upon building one and powering it up, one or two settlers will automatically join that location.
- There is a chance to receive a brahmin instead of a settler.
- The more settlers the Sole Survivor has and the lower the happiness score in the settlement will increase the time needed to recruit a new settler.
- If finding the settlements to be growing too fast, simply switch the beacon off until one is ready for more people to appear.
- The beacon will not function if there are more than four unassigned settlers in a location.
- pc ps4 xboxone Sometimes, when trying to build a recruitment beacon, the inventory shown with the required materials is listed incorrectly. It may show the player character the requirements are all present, while in fact some may be missing (most of the times steel). [verification overdue]
- pc The radio beacon may no longer be available to be built in the latest update with the season pass.[verification overdue]
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.