The pilot can be found at the alien crash site. To get to the site, go to the MDPL-13 power station, and follow the power lines north until the alien distress signal is picked up. The signal is called the recon craft Theta signal on the Pip-Boy 3000. It can be followed to the site as it will get louder and clearer as the Lone Wanderer gets closer. The Pip-Boy will indicate higher radiation levels as the Lone Wanderer gets closer to the crash site.
- The alien cannot be interacted with or looted, but it can be grabbed.
- Like an object, when it is shot the pilot doesn't bleed or explode. It is "unbreakable".
- Its alien suit is unique, and is not obtainable.
- The pilot has some interesting properties when picked up. First, it is weightless, and will sometimes even hover perfectly horizontally. Also, the pilot rotates and flips in a circular pattern when picked up by the head, exactly like the Chinese stealth armor when picked up by the helmet as an item. Also, if it is dragged around a bit, its head disappears.
- Next to its body is an alien blaster and 120 alien power cells.
- The alien wears an enclosed helmet and breathing apparatus, despite the fact that the aliens are able to breathe the atmosphere of earth.
Recon craft Theta pilot appears only in Fallout 3.
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Sometimes, upon the first return to the Wasteland after completing the Mothership Zeta add-on, the body will be stuck in the ground. [verified]
- PC Targeting it with prid leaves the creature nameless; only "" (0008b164) is displayed. The refid however can be verified using the moveto player. [verified]