| ||For an overview of recon armor in the Fallout series of games, see Recon armor.|
Intended to serve as the under-armor of the T-45d power armor, the recon armor is a vacuum-sealed asbestos jumpsuit covering the entire body. Attached to it is the interface and mounts for the T-45d power armor. Its purpose is twofold - it allows the user to actually operate the armor and protect soft tissue from moving parts inside the suit and heat. Unlike the under-armor for the T-51b power armor models, this one is also designed to offer limited protection from anti-personnel weapons.
Medium armor. This armor is identical in appearance to the recon armor available in Fallout 3, though with a higher value. It provides a damage threshold of 17 (Same as Combat armor, reinforced) as well as a bonus of 5 to Sneak and can be repaired with other suits of recon armor. (Can also be repaired with NCR Trooper Armor or any combat armor with the Jury Rigging perk.) It weighs 20 pounds.
- Christine's COS recon armor, a unique variant of the recon armor. Old World Blues (add-on)
- 188 Trading Post - sometimes sold by the Arms merchant.
- Bitter Springs - sometimes in a container at the central far back tent, next to the fireplace and where usually Captain Gilles sits.
- Brotherhood of Steel Safehouse - On a shelf in the safehouse.
- Crimson Caravan Company - can be bought from Blake after getting the schematics from the Gun Runners.
- Great Khan armory, Red Rock Canyon - sold by the Great Khan armorer.
- Guardian Peak - sometimes appears in a footlocker in a tent.
- Gun Runners - can be bought from the Vendortron.
- Hidden Valley bunker - recon armor is worn by the Brotherhood of Steel Knights.
- Hidden Supply Cave - sometimes appears in a footlocker.
- Hoover Dam - sometimes inside a locker behind Quartermaster Bardon.
- Scavenger platform - a recon armor in mid condition can be found, at Lake Mead in a footlocker guarded by four to five lakelurks.
- It is often (not always) found in NCR supply caches called in with the emergency radio.
- During the Quest Still in the Dark you will encounter three Brotherhood of Steel scouts that wear this armor and the helmets.
- Sometimes appears in a footlocker in Camp McCarran or Camp Golf.
- Vault 11 - (Lowest level) found in a footlocker near back of overseer room along with helmet.
- Vault 22 - (Lowest level) found inside of a locker on the on far right side facing a cave opening.
- Also found in a locker in the Lucky 38 underground facility at Fortification Hill.
- Although this armor is intended to be an "undercoat" for power armor, you cannot wear recon and power armor at the same time.
- Although it is named "recon armor" when you check your status, it states "Initiate Armor"