Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ravens in the Mojave Wasteland have an almost identical appearance to ravens from before the Great War. They are one of the few creatures to be visually unaffected by radiation. In the Commonwealth, they seem to be less healthy and are missing patches of feathers.
Ravens in both wastelands have distinctive black feathers, but the noticeable difference is that those in the Mojave Wasteland appear to have only two frontal talons on their feet and ravens in the Commonwealth have three. Ravens cannot be disintegrated with energy weapons in either game.
Fallout: New VegasEdit
|Name (Base ID)||Statistics||Behavior||Abilities||Items|
They are not considered an enemy, and will fly away if the player character tries to get near it (approximately 10–15 feet). They can be killed if detected early enough, but there is no associated challenge for this other than Lord Death, I Dismember You, and a few others which are tied to any enemy. They will explode when shot, similar to how normal characters will explode when killed when the player character has the Bloody Mess perk. Ravens are the weakest creatures in the game, and cannot be targeted by V.A.T.S.
- Ravens are common wherever dead or crucified bodies are found, such as Nipton and any other Legion-raided site.
- They are more common around civilized areas, becoming more and more scarce the further the player character travels from towns and settlements.
- A large number of ravens can be seen around the Big Horn Saloon and the Boulder City ruins surrounding area.
- They can gather around the graves in Goodsprings Cemetery.
- Ravens are often found in pairs, especially along highways.
- Around and in the entrance to Primm on the highway.
- Can be found in Red Rock Canyon.
- When killed, they give only one Experience Point (two with the Swift Learner perk).
- They appear as friendly on the compass in that may remain for a few seconds after it flies off.
- With the Animal Friend perk, the ravens might not fly away when approached.
- The first raven in Fallout: New Vegas is seen flying off when exiting Doc Mitchell's house.
- If one is damaged but not killed (for example, by an explosion nearby) they will register as a red blip on the compass, as a hostile would.
- Despite having a melee damage and being capable of turning 'hostile,' ravens will not attack the player character, but rather fly away as usual if the player character is too close.
- Ravens can still be shot midair when they fly away.
Ravens do not register at all on the compass and cannot be targeted in V.A.T.S. Like radgulls, ravens do not always fly away from the player character when approached. When killed they explode in a manner similar to those affected by the Bloody Mess perk, regardless of whether it is active or not.
- In the Commonwealth, ravens seem to spawn randomly and can sometimes be found in large groups.
- Ravens are commonly seen around Diamond City.
- Ravens can often be found perched on the roofs of the houses in Covenant.
- No Experience Points are gained from killing them.
- Ravens, like radgulls, can occasionally become stuck flying against obstacles in their flight path.
Fallout: New VegasEdit
- ps3 xbox360 pc Even if the raven is in mid-air, if you hit the area it was originally standing on (a few seconds after it takes off) it will still be killed and "dismembered" even though your hit did not visually make contact. This makes it possible to kill it with melee or unarmed weapons. [verified]
- ps3 xbox360 pc If you kill a raven while looking down the sights, as soon as you shoot it, the iron sight animation will glitch, and you will appear to be holding the gun lower than normal. Releasing the aim button will fix this, and has not occurred when killing any other creatures or enemies in the game. [verified]
- ps4 xboxone pc Ravens cannot be killed by melee attacks, including gun bashes, even if on land.[verified]
- Raven taking off
- Raven flying away