Ravens in the Mojave Wasteland have relatively the same appearance as ravens from before the Great War. They are one of the few creatures to be visually unaffected by radiation.
Ravens in Fallout: New Vegas have distinctive black feathers. They are not considered an enemy, and will fly away if the player tries to get near it (approximately 10–15 feet). They can be killed if detected early enough, but there is no associated challenge for this other than Lord Death, I Dismember You, and a few others which are tied to any enemy. They will explode when shot, similar to how normal characters will explode when killed when the player character has the Bloody Mess perk.
|Name (Base ID)||Statistics||Behavior||Abilities||Items|
- Ravens are common wherever dead or crucified bodies are found, such as Nipton and any other Legion-raided site.
- They are more common around civilized areas, becoming more and more scarce the further the player travels from towns and settlements.
- A large number of ravens can be seen around the Big Horn Saloon and the Boulder City ruins surrounding area.
- They can gather around the graves in Goodsprings Cemetery.
- Ravens are often found in pairs, especially along highways.
- Around and in the entrance to Primm on the highway
- Can be found in Red Rock Canyon
- Ravens are the weakest creatures in the game, and cannot be targeted by V.A.T.S.
- When killed, they give only one experience point (two with the Swift Learner perk).
- Ravens can't be searched when killed, they simply explode in a burst of blood, small chunks of flesh and feathers upon dying. They are the only creature in the game guaranteed this death without the Bloody Mess perk.
- They appear as friendly on your compass that may remain for a few seconds after it flies off.
- Ravens in the Mojave Wasteland appear to have only two frontal talons on their feet (instead of three).
- With the Animal Friend perk, the ravens might not fly away when you approach them.
- The first raven in the game is seen flying off when exiting Doc Mitchell's house.
- Once encountered, ravens will not respawn.
- If one is damaged but not killed (for example, by an explosion nearby) they will register as a red blip on the compass, as a hostile would.
- Despite having a melee damage and being capable of turning 'hostile', ravens will not attack the player, but rather fly away as usual if the player is too close.
- Ravens can still be shot midair when they fly away if you're fast enough.
- They are impossible to disintegrate with Energy Weapons.
Ravens appear only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- ps3 xbox360 pc Even if the raven is in mid-air, if you hit the area it was originally standing on (a few seconds after it takes off) it will still be killed and "dismembered" even though your hit did not visually make contact. This makes it possible to kill it with melee or unarmed weapons. [verified]
- ps3 xbox360 pc If you kill a raven while looking down the sights, as soon as you shoot it, the iron sight animation will glitch, and you will appear to be holding the gun lower than normal. Releasing the aim button will fix this, and has not occurred when killing any other creatures or enemies in the game. [verified]
- Raven taking off
- Raven flying away