Ranger station Delta
Keeping watch on the river and looking for anyone trying to cross it. The Legion likes to send infiltration teams over on rafts.”— Ranger Pason
This ranger station was erected on the remains of a ruined farmstead, which is still visible. Ranger Pason is looking for Legion crossing the river.
There is a destroyed building not too far from the tent that serves as a center for the Ranger station Delta staff.
The ruins host an average difficulty locked cellar.
- Comm Officer Scheffer
- Ranger Pason - May be found patrolling between the camp and the gully that runs to the northeast towards the Hoover Dam.
- While the cellar shows red text when you view it, no one will turn against the player if you pick the lock without being noticed. Picking the lock in sight of the rangers standing outside will however turn them hostile causing them to follow you inside, and grant negative reputation with the New California Republic. There are a couple of rangers located inside, all items inside are owned by the rangers, and taking any items is considered stealing. The items found inside are primarily Sunset Sarsaparilla and foodstuffs, and there is also a reloading bench and a locked gun cabinet (average) with lower grade weapons that can be stolen.
- Like most NCR held positions, this one can feature NCR Veteran Rangers starting at level 16, as long as the player has reached one of the main faction's endgame quests.
- Traveling southeast from the camp you will find a cliff leading to the river. In crouch you can drop down the cliffside safely and head directly across the water to a cove inhabited by one or more lakelurks. There is a skeleton floating just under the rock overhang, and three lakelurk egg clutches behind. A second skeleton is in the water near two bobbing explosive crates containing various grenades, mines or even C-4 at higher levels, a bobby pin and some random items.
- A friendly robobrain may spawn at the overlook site looking over Hoover Dam. It has no special dialogue, other than a couple generic phrases but does contain the GBRM2KX memory chip. The chip can be pickpocketed or the robot can be killed for the chip.
- In the basement, hanging on the wall near the sunset sarsparilla lamp, is a very detailed pre-War map of the dam and its surrounding areas. Such maps exist at all ranger outposts, as well as Camp Golf.
Ranger station Delta appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.