Monster of the East, huh? Well, I've got the Monster of the West in my holster right now. Hope I get to introduce them.”— NCR Veteran Ranger
This large, double-action revolver is a rare, scopeless variant of the hunting revolver, used exclusively by the New California Republic Rangers. It is carried only by the veteran rangers after 20 years of service. This revolver features a dark finish with intricate engravings etched all around the weapon. Also engraved along the barrel are the words "For Honorable Service", and "Against All Tyrants". The hand grip bears the symbol of the NCR Rangers, a bear, and a brass plate attached to the bottom that reads "20 Years".
Despite being a one-handed revolver, this is not a holdout weapon, meaning that, even at a sneak skill of 100, it will not pass a search when entering a weapon-free location such as a casino where you are asked to turn over your weapons.
The Ranger Sequoia can fire a total of about 395 standard rounds, the equivalent of 79 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
|Standard & HP||395||79|
- Hunting revolver, a less powerful, yet more valuable scoped variant of the Ranger Sequoia.
- Gun Runners' Arsenal hunting revolver, essentially the same as the regular hunting revolver except for its potential to be modded.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio||Skill required||Strength required|
|Hunting revolver fnvgra||58||87||1.5||x1||58||31||1.9||0.35||5||545||4||3500||875||75||6|
|Hunting revolver With all weapon mods attached fnvgra||58||87||1.5||x1||58||31||1.9||0.2||6||545||4||6000||1500||75||6|
- Camp Golf - owned by Chief Hanlon.
- It can also be obtained from NCR Veteran Rangers, who have this weapon once the player has reached level 16.
- ps3 Sometimes the hammer will get stuck and appear pulled back, like the hammer on the .357 magnum revolver and Lucky. It will return to normal after reloaded or shot.
- pc ps3 xbox360 The cylinder may sometimes glitch when reloading and not open or release bullets, but it is merely an aesthetic glitch. Unequipping and reequipping the weapon can fix the glitch.
- pc ps3 xbox360 If loading a saved game from the main menu in which you have the Ranger Sequoia equipped and drawn, the reload animation takes twice as long as normal. This can be solved by simply switching to another gun and then back again.
- xbox360 Equipping this gun after wielding the Gatling laser in 3rd person mode shows the electron charge pack on the sequoia.
- ps3 Even after stealing the Ranger Sequoia, dropping it and picking it back up will result in karma loss.
- pc Occasionally, drawing the weapon from your hip or equipping it will cause it to show up without the rounded back portion of the cylinder or the hammer, instead there will be a silver knob on the back of the gun. Only switching ammunition types will fix this, and then only until the next time you unequip and reequip or reholster and redraw the weapon.
- xbox360 In some games, a glitch will happen when Hanlons dead body and Ranger Seqouia will dissappear, leaving it impossible to retrieve the Ranger Seqouia.