| ||For the ammunition in Fallout 3, see Railway spikes.|
Iron spikes or nails used to secure railroad tracks to the ground. They are now used as ammunition for the railway rifle in the post-War world.
Weapons using this ammunitionEdit
- The railway rifle is currently the only weapon in Fallout 4 to use this type of ammunition.
- The utility protectron has nail guns integrated inside one or both of its hands. In combat it uses those nail guns as weapons and fires railway spikes. Upon death, it will often have variable amounts of railway spikes on its remains.
- A small amount of railway spikes can be found in the bunker at Big John's salvage, where a railway rifle is found.
- Two batches of 4 spikes can be found in a railway car near Bedford Station, southern blue car which houses a railway rifle. Present even before the Railway rifle spawns.
- Daisy sells a few at Daisy's Discounts in Goodneighbor.
- A small amount are sold by Arturo Rodriguez at Commonwealth Weaponry.
- About a dozen can be purchased from Myrna or Percy at Diamond City Surplus.
- Over a hundred spikes can be purchased from Proctor Teagan aboard the Prydwen.
- Spikes used by the player may be looted from dead enemies provided they didn't remove a limb.
- They are automatically added to the inventory if the player is shot at by an enemy using them as ammo.
- Can be found by the eyebot pod in the Commonwealth.
- It is incorrectly labeled as "Railroad spike" in eyebot pod's terminal options.
- A few dozen can be routinely bought from Tinker Tom in the Railroad HQ.
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.