Raider Troubles at (Location Name) is a Minutemen radiant quest in Fallout 4. This quest can be started randomly when speaking to Preston Garvey or listening to Radio Freedom. If a settlement hasn't been unlocked yet, this quest may be started by speaking to a settler at that location and it will unlock the settlement.
Failure to kill the targeted raider settler in a timely manner will result in the failure of the quest.
|Minutemen radiant quest: Raider Troubles|
|Speak to the leader of the settlement.|
|Travel to the raider's location.|
|Eliminate the raider target.|
|Report your success to the leader of the settlement.|
|Reward: ~100 caps|
|Report your success to Preston Garvey.|
|Reward: 200+ XP|
This section is needed but has not been written yet. You can help Nukapedia by writing it.
Settlements asking for helpEdit
Possible raider locationsEdit
- Andrew station
- Back Street Apparel
- BADTFL regional office
- County Crossing
- Corvega assembly plant
- Dunwich Borers
- Easy City Downs
- Federal ration stockpile
- Greentop Nursery
- Hardware Town
- Hyde Park
- Revere Beach station
- Saugus Ironworks
- Shamrock Taphouse
- Thicket Excavations (after Pull the Plug has been completed)
- USAF Satellite Station Olivia
- Walden Pond
If this quest is given directly by a settler, and you have not yet joined the Minutemen, the player character will not mention the usual Minuteman dialogue, but may instead say "I'd be glad to help, if I can." This can also occur with Clearing the Way, Ghoul Problem and Greenskins.
- pc If you start Under the Collar in the Nuka-World DLC and must collar Bedlam in Dunwich Borers you cannot kill Bedlam for the Minutemen quest. Use SetStage MinRecruit01 200 to skip to reporting your success to Settlers.
- pc xboxone No quest marker will appear on raiders inside Back Street Apparel, quest would not update despite clearing Backstreet Apparel (the usual target raider is situated in the ground level back room with the steamer trunk). Workarounds for finishing this quest are (as with similar Greenskins and Ghoul Problem quests) either killing the quest giving settler or waiting out until the timer runs out, though both ways will fail the quest.[verified]
- pc This can be fixed on PC by opening the console, selecting the dead raider and inputting resurrect.
- pc ps4 Should you have to help Covenant after completing Human Error and leaving the citizens alive, Jacob Orden will be the NPC to speak to, only he won't have any voice acting. After you clear the raiders, you will not be able to turn in the quest, as he will just comment on your completion of Human Error.[verified]
- ps4 pc The option to say that the targeted location has been previously cleared won't appear, along with the quest marker, preventing the quest completion. Clearing the location anyway won't fix this.[verification overdue]
- ps4 If the player is tasked to go to a settlement and ask a settler about the raiders, the quest marker may point to an enemy, such as a raider, who will attack the player if they are noticed. The enemy dying will result in the player having to go and tell Preston that there were problems and that the settlement won't help then the quest will fail.[verification overdue]
- Might only be with settlements which have to be cleared such as Outpost Zimonja which is initially populated with raiders.
- A solution is to pacify the enemy, such as shooting them with a PAX syringe, and talking to them to get them to direct you to the location of the raiders and pacifying them again to tell them you are done.
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.