Audio needed (News stories)
This article has missing audio files. Please help Nukapedia by uploading them.
The station is presented by an AI disc jockey, Mr. New Vegas, and plays both music and news. As one completes quests, the Courier's exploits will be referenced on the news bulletins as well as other various topics. This radio station plays mostly Las Vegas influenced music from the 1940s, '50s and '60s. This is in contrast with the Mojave Music Radio that plays more traditional country music and a bit of rockabilly.
- "Hey, hey, it's Mr. New Vegas letting you know I've got a new Christmas compilation coming out soon; Nuclear Winter Wonderland. Look for it, on holotape."
- "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to our program. This is Mr. New Vegas, and each and every one of you is wonderful in your own special way."
- "Welcome back, ladies and gentlemen. This is Mr. New Vegas. Thank you very very much for listening."
- "Hello ladies and gentlemen, Mr. New Vegas here. You're all so great and we're gonna keep you listening all day."
- "Howdy folks, it's Mr. New Vegas, and I have a good feeling about all of you listening."
- "Welcome back to the Mr. New Vegas Show, the show with, in my opinion – which I respect – the best-looking audience around. Somebody prove me wrong?"
- "It's me again, Mr. New Vegas, reminding you that you're nobody 'til somebody loves you. And that somebody is me. I love you."
- "Ladies and gentlemen, you're listening to me, Mr. New Vegas, and you look extraordinarily beautiful right now."
- "This is Radio New Vegas, and I'm your host, Mr. New Vegas. And in case you're wondering if you've come to the right place, you have."
- "The women of New Vegas ask me a lot if there's a Mrs. New Vegas. Of course there is. You're her. And you're still as perfect as the day we met."
- "This is Mr. New Vegas, fanning the flames of your passion."
- "And we're back. This is Mr. New Vegas, and I feel something magic in the air tonight, and I'm not just talking about the gamma radiation."
- "Welcome back to the program. This is Mr. New Vegas, and I hope I'm not coming on too strong."
- "You're listening to Radio New Vegas, your little jukebox in the Mojave Wasteland. I'm Mr. New Vegas, and I'm here for you."
- Wild Wasteland"You know, I tried to measure my Charisma on a Vit-o-matic Vigor Tester once. The machine burst into flames."
Announcing news storiesEdit
- "More news for you."
- "I've got news for you."
- "It's just about time to get you some news."
- "If you like news, then you're gonna love our next segment."
- "Whoops, better put on my newsman fedora here."
- "You know, they say that 'No news is good news,' but I think my program would be awfully dull if that were the case."
- "That's the news. This is Mr New Vegas, Filling in for...Mr. New Vegas."
- "You know, I think all news, whether it's good or bad, brings us closer together. Don't you?"
- "A package courier found shot in the head near Goodsprings has reportedly regained consciousness, and has made a full recovery. Now that is a delivery service you can count on." – Triggered by start of game.
- "NCR officials at Camp McCarran were relieved when technical difficulties with its monorail line to the New Vegas Strip proved easy to fix. One anonymous official told us a serious mechanical failure would have been a disaster because of the age of the train and the scarcity of the replacement parts." – Before completion of I Put a Spell on You.
- "Citizens of Outer Vegas are flocking to the Strip in droves amid a wave of terror caused by a band of raiders known as the Fiends. Those who can afford passports say that the added security is well worth the price of admission." – Before completion of Three-Card Bounty.
- "Troubling news from Primm, as merchants report a large presence of armed and unsavoury figures patrolling the town. Residents are no where to be found." – Before completion of My Kind of Town.
- "The HELIOS One solar power plant remains dormant, despite NCR's effort to reactivate the facility. The chief scientist of the plant vowed to fix the problem, blaming it on an atmosphere of quote severe under-appreciation." – Before completion of That Lucky Old Sun.
- "Unconfirmed reports say NCR's general Lee Oliver may have uprooted from his post at Camp McCarran in order to be present at Hoover Dam. NCR sources have said that holding the dam against Caesar's Legion has become their main strategic priority and this move would not be unexpected."
- "The influx of displaced residents to the refugee camp at Bitter Springs has caused a strain on rations there. NCR officials are asking for donations." – Before completion of No, Not Much.
- "Scavengers report hulking individuals moving about Hidden Valley after dusk, but have unable to confirm their sightings due to low visibility." – Before completion of Still in the Dark.
- "Patrons of the Ultra-Luxe are questioning whether its pricey restaurant, the Gourmand, is overstating the fullness of its wait list. Those who claim to have dined at the restaurant find the food appealing, but say many tables remain empty." – Before completion of Beyond the Beef.
- "Rumours persist about a super mutant refuge nestled high in the ski lodge to the northwest. If you should find it, do not, repeat, DO NOT belittle a super mutant for taking the bunny slope." – Refers to Jacobstown.
- "Merchants are saying that there's been little contact between traders from Nipton in recent days, causing concerns that the isolated town may be in trouble."
- "NCR Correctional Facility is under prisoner control following a successful riot. Locals should avoid anyone who looks like they've done time."
- "The death toll continues to climb around Camp Forlorn Hope, where Legion raiding parties are still chipping away at the NCR's hold south of the Dam." – Before completion of Restoring Hope.
- "Caesar's Legion continues to fortify its position in Nelson, where it remains a constant concern for Camp Forlorn Hope and the nearby town of Novac." – Before completion of Restoring Hope.
- "The Black Mountain radio signal is back after a long absence. Listeners say the new programming is, quote, 'less for outcasts, more for weirdos.'" – Before completion of Crazy, Crazy, Crazy.
- "Traders from California are being turned away from Mojave Outpost, where the NCR is concerned about dangers along Nipton Highway and I-15."
- "Tensions are brewing in Freeside between the ruling gang known as the Kings and the large number of NCR squatters seeking refuge there. The leader of the Kings, who would only identify himself as The King, voiced his displeasure, calling NCR citizens, quote, 'the devil in disguise.' He added he didn't want to see any NCR in the ghetto, and called for a mass, quote, 'return to sender.'" – Before completion of G.I. Blues.
- "Word out of Camp Golf is that many NCR Rangers can expect re-deployment in the near future. One anonymous soldier said, it was part of a new strategy.""
- "According to a new report, violent crime is on a sharp decline in New Vegas. The report credits the decline of the population of Fiends in the area. In possibly related news, local chem dealers report an overall decrease in their standard of living." – After the completion of Three-Card Bounty and killing Motor-Runner.
- "Primm formally sworn in a new sheriff today. RNV reporters were on hand to hear the new sheriff address the crowd. "Howdy 'do, folks. I'm Sheriff Meyers. Be good, or I'll shoot you dead." – Complete My Kind of Town by installing Meyers as sheriff.
- "Primm formally sworn in a new sheriff today. RNV reporters were on hand to hear the new sheriff address the crowd. "Loading public appeasement oration...complete. Howdy citizens! How about a "yee-haw" for law and order in the fine town of Error: Token Not Found?" – Complete My Kind of Town by installing Primm Slim as sheriff.
- "Primm formally sworn in a new sheriff today. RNV reporters were on hand to hear the new sheriff address the crowd. "People of Primm, the NCR wishes to inform you that you are under our jurisdiction now. From now on you will be living by our rules." – Complete My Kind of Town by making the NCR annex the town.
- "Several unidentified aircraft were spotted flying over the REPCONN Test Site by a local crackpot. He spoke to a toy bear near one of our microphones. "It's ghouls, I tell you. Religious ghouls in rockets, looking for a land to call their own. Don't you laugh at me! I know a spell that'll make you show your true form! A cave rat taught it to me." – Complete Come Fly With Me by helping Jason Bright fix the rockets.
- "Sources say a plot to destroy the Camp McCarran monorail has been foiled by an alert civilian contractor. Security is being tightened." – Complete I Put a Spell on You by defusing the monorail bomb.
- "The Legion slaver party was wiped out in a failed raid of the Bitter Springs refugee camp, with two armed civilians inflicting heavy Legion casualties. One witness said, quote; "God sent us two angels, and at least one o' them had a .308 caliber flaming sword of justice - with a telescopic sight." – After completion of I Forgot to Remember to Forget.
- "The Bitter Springs refugee camp has been overrun by Legion slavers. Refugees should stay away and avoid talking to strangers in football pads." – If you kill Boone before completing I Forgot to Remember to Forget.
- "Beef prices around the New Vegas Strip have dropped significantly following an agreement between the Ultra-Luxe and brahmin baron Heck Gunderson." – Complete Beyond the Beef by framing Mortimer or all members of the White Glove Society.
- "A big congratulations to a young band of soldiers who shattered NCR records on a combat readiness evaluation at Camp Golf. Go get 'em, guys." – Complete Flags of Our Foul-Ups by following Mags or O'Hanrahan's advice.
- "NCR Rangers are being pulled off the front line as part of a campaign to secure existing NCR territory, according to anonymous sources." – After completion of Return to Sender.
- "The NCR flag has been hoisted over former Legion outpost Nelson after heavy fighting. NCR officials are calling this a 'big win, for troop morale.'" – After completion of Restoring Hope.
- "Listeners have been unable to pick up radio broadcast from Black Mountain recently. Most are calling the static quote, a welcome improvement." – Complete Crazy, Crazy, Crazy by freeing Raul and killing Tabitha or fixing Rhonda.
- "The Kings gang in Freeside has put an official end to the hostilities with the NCR. An RNV reporter was on hand to speak with The King; "I feel so bad. I think it's time we reconsider baby." – Complete Kings' Gambit by convincing The King to end the hostilities with the NCR.
- "Goodsprings has fended off a mob of escaped convicts after organizing an impromptu militia. This according to an old man, armed to the teeth with dynamite." – After completion of Ghost Town Gunfight.
- "Gomorrah is under new management after the departure of Omerta bosses Nero and Big Sal, the casino's new manager spoke to reporters; "Before he left Nero told me him and Big Sal were tight see, said that they were gonna go camping down at Lake Mead, said he always wanted to sleep with the lakelurks."" – Complete How Little We Know in favor of Cachino.
- "Wealthy brahmin baron Heck Gunderson was arrested in the Ultra-Luxe as a suspect in his son's murder. A hotel spokeswoman has this to say; "Mr. Gunderson is no longer a welcomed guest at the Ultra-Luxe, nor is he able to sample the cuisine of the Gourmand: New Vegas' only 5 star restaurant."" – Complete Beyond the Beef by framing Heck Gunderson.
- "A hostage crisis between the NCR and the Great Khans was resolved peacefully, when a third party negotiator successfully secured the hostage's release." – Complete Boulder City Showdown by convincing Jessup to release the hostages peacefully.
- "Sad news from Goodsprings, the town was wiped out after heavy fighting with a gang of escaped convicts. Travelers are advised to avoid anyone who looks like they've done time." – After completion of Run Goodsprings Run.
- ""The Kings have been killed in a fight with the NCR. According to rumours the King's last word was: Don't." – Complete Kings' Gambit by just killing Pacer.
- "We're hearing rumuors that Caesar may have been assassinated by an unknown party. It is currently not known how the assassin was able to evade security. Once again, Caesar dead. A shocking turn of events whose impact is anyone's guess at this point." – After killing Caesar at The Fort.
- ""Witnesses report a huge object or creature surfacing in Lake Mead. So far, photos of the so-called Lake Mead Monster are grainy and under exposed." – After completion of Volare!
- "Witnesses briefly report seeing a column of heavenly light coming out of the sky. Apocalypse predictors haven't been this excited since the war." – After completion of That Lucky Old Sun, with power routed to Archimedes II.
- "During his visit to Hoover Dam, an attempt on the life of NCR president Aaron Kimball was stopped by a quick thinking civilian. Caesar's Legion is to have been behind the attack." – After completion of You'll Know It When It Happens.
- "The President of the NCR has been killed at Hoover Dam. President Kimball was slated to give a rallying speech to troops stationed there. An assassin attacked the president in full view of the crowd, but was not apprehended. Witness descriptions of the killer differ wildly. Once again, NCR President Aaron Kimball, dead, at forty-eight." – After completion of Arizona Killer by killing Kimball.
- "Residents of Novac were treated to a surprise light show when HELIOS One unexpectedly began firing lasers. No word on the damage." – Complete That Lucky Old Sun by activating the defense system.
- "A large unidentified aircraft has been seen circling the skies above the New Vegas Strip. Freesiders are hoping it will drop food, but I wouldn't get your hopes up Freesiders." – Complete Volare!
- "Residents of Novac dove for cover following the failed launch of rockets from the REPCONN test site, suspected causes are engineering mistakes on centuries old equipment and the fact that the rockets were piloted by a cult of crazy ghouls." – Complete Come Fly With Me by sabotaging the rockets.
- "Refugees at Bitter Springs are giving startling accounts of the Legate, known as Lanius, who is said to be Caesar's top field commander. One refugee told us that "The Legate took over an "under-performing" squad of troops by beating its commander to death in full view of everyone." The Legate then ordered a tenth of his own troops to be killed by the other nine-tenths. And you thought your boss was a pain.""
- "Traders have reported seeing roving bands of troops wearing power armor and advanced weapons along route 95, citizens are advised not to make friendly chit chat with them." – Complete Still in the Dark and make Hardin the elder.
- "Tops hotel owner Benny has been killed by an unidentified assailant. His former right hand man Swank consoled mourners; "If I know my pal Benny he's swinging with the big cat upstairs as we speak, or is chasing some angel broad with cans as big as her halo."" – Complete Ring-a-Ding-Ding! by killing Benny.
- "Today's headlines were brought to you by Primm. Primm: the other New Vegas."
- "The news has been brought to you by the Vikki and Vance Casino. Vikki and Vance: be our partners in crime."
- "Promotional consideration for this news program has been paid for by the Ultra-Luxe. The Ultra-Luxe: live life in the lap of luxury."
- "This program was brought you by Gomorrah. Gomorrah: It'll be our secret."
- "That news was brought to you by The Tops casino. You'll dig us, baby, we're the tops."
- "These headlines were brought to you by Vault 21. Vault 21: everything's better... when you experience it in a vault."
- "The preceding segment was sponsored by the Silver Rush. Silver Rush: feel the rush of a warm laser in your hand."
- "And now, I'd like to play one of my very favorite songs for you."
- "Ladies and Gentlemen, this next song goes out from me to you."
- "More classics coming right up for you, so stay tuned."
- "Gonna play that song for you right now, and it's about that special someone you only find only once in a Blue Moon."
- "Hey New Vegas, have you ever said that you loved someone when it wasn't quite true? Sure you have, but you shouldn't because It's a Sin to Tell a Lie."
- "Got a song for you right now that's about a man that's cold on the exterior, but deep down ya'know he's a good man and his name is Johnny Guitar."
- "In New Vegas, we know the pain that numbers can bring us. Well so does Guy Mitchell, whose got Heartaches by the Number."
- "Got some Dean Martin coming up talking about the greatest feeling in the world: love. Ain't That a Kick in the Head? It sure is, Dino, it sure is."
- "Here's B-b-b-b-Bing Crosby reminding us of those times, when you absolutely have to kiss the person you love, Something's Gotta Give. Up next."
- "Ya'know sometimes the journey beats the destination, and especially when your spurs go Jingle, Jangle, Jingle and you meet some nice gals along the way."
- "Have you ever been in love with a celebrity? Don't be shy... I feel it between us too... Sometimes you can't help being Mad About the Boy."
- "And now Nat King Cole reminding us what really matters with Love Me as Though There Were No Tomorrow. Because in New Vegas, hey, you never know."
- "Ain't That a Kick in the Head?"
- "Blue Moon"
- "Big Iron"
- "Heartaches by the Number"
- "It's a Sin to Tell a Lie"
- "Jingle, Jangle, Jingle"
- "Johnny Guitar"
- "Love Me as Though There Were No Tomorrow"
- "Mad About the Boy"
- "Sit and Dream"
- "Something's Gotta Give"
- "Where Have You Been All My Life?"
- "Why Don't You Do Right?"
- "American Swing"
- "Hallo Mister X"
- "Slow Bounce"
- "Strahlende Trompete"
- "Von Spanien Nach Südamerika"
- There are four songs that appear on all three of the main radio stations: "Big Iron," "Heartaches by the Number," "It's a Sin to Tell a Lie," and "Johnny Guitar."
- All of the instrumentals on this station were written by Gerhard Trede, whose tunes "Jolly Days" and "Fox Boogie" were also included on the Fallout 3 soundtrack.
- The signal for Radio New Vegas is found after you leave Doc Mitchell's house.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The voice behind Mr. New Vegas is played by real life singer, actor and Las Vegas entertainer Wayne Newton, also known as Mr. Las Vegas.
- The credits indicate that the four songs written and performed by J.E. Sawyer especially for the game were intended to be played on the radio stations. There is evidence that they may have been intended to play on the radio, but were cut from the playlists. They can still be heard elsewhere in the game.
- pc xbox360 ps3 The track "Stars of the Midnight Range" was intended to be included on this station, but an error linked the entry in the radio track list to the MP3 file for "Big Iron," which causes "Big Iron" to be played twice as often as other tracks, and occasionally play twice in a row.
- MrNewVegas.txt (Radio New Vegas dialogue file)