|modifies||Amount of radiation your character is exposed to is reduced by this amount.|
The amount of radiation you are exposed to is reduced by this percentage. Radiation Resistance can be modified by the type of armor worn, and anti-radiation chems.
”— Fallout In-game description
Radiation Resistance is a derived statistic in Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout 3, Fallout Tactics and Fallout: New Vegas.
It reduces radiation damage by a percentage.
Rad-X temporarily increases Radiation Resistance.
Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, Fallout: New Vegas
- Average characters will have a 10% radiation resistance.
- The Fast Metabolism trait sets initial radiation resistance to 0.
- The Rad Resistance perk increases radiation resistance by 15% per rank. (10% per rank in FO1)
- The Vault City Inoculations perk increases radiation resistance by 10%.
- Rad-X temporarily increases radiation resistance by 50%. Half of it is lost after 24 hours, with resistance returning to its original value after another 24 hours.
- In Fallout, Radiation Resistance can go as high as 100% (Which is needed to survive The Glow). In Fallout 2, it is capped at 95%, in Fallout: New Vegas, however it is capped at 85%.
Example: A starting Endurance of 5.
Permanently increasing Radiation Resistance
Temporarily increasing Radiation Resistance
- In Fallout 3, Radiation Resistance is capped at 85%.
Fallout icon Radiation Resistance