Fallout: New Vegas locations project
REPCONN test site
It's just a bit west of Novac, up in the mountains. Lots of broken equipment and such. Place is deserted. Or used to be, I guess.”— Cliff Briscoe
The REPCONN test site is a former rocket testing facility almost directly west of Novac and just south of scorpion gulch. Its main inhabitants are ghouls, feral ghouls, Bright followers, glowing ones and, in the basement level, nightkin.
The remains of the old REPCONN (Rocket Engineering Production Company of Nevada) test plant, along with its landmark rocket launch dome, have sat idle over the years, and are now home to Feral Ghouls who come to terrorize the inhabitants of nearby Novac. However, within the facility, there’s a prolonged stalemate going on between a band of Nightkin, devolved from Marcus' forces up at Jacobstown and lead by a deranged man-mountain named Davison. They are attempting to locate shipments of Stealth Boys. The (marginally) sane ghouls are led by an intelligent, messianic glowing ghoul who dreams of escaping with his followers in the plant’s remaining rockets.
The complex was once a REPCONN facility used to launch their rockets. Three of REPCONN's rockets are still usable, and are fired either into space or into the ground during the quest "Come Fly With Me".
The REPCONN Facility is a vast compound nestled within a bowl-like valley. As you enter into the facility via the road heading north you will encounter a few feral ghouls and see some nightkin dead near the entrance and scattered about the grounds. You can approach the actual building from the southeast side near some mixing tanks, there is a broken fence and some collapsed ground that will allow you to get up onto the concrete walk way that leads to the main entrance. If you approach from the south and chose to go towards the monument/traffic circle you will encounter five ghouls/glowing ones, and then two more after you get near the main entrance. Upstairs in the bright follower area there are medical supplies, some components and random loot, but these all must be stolen with loss of Karma even if you positively complete the Come Fly With Me quest and the ghouls leave.
Connected to the Main building by a tunnel, there is a launch pad housing the three rockets used in the Come Fly With Me quest. The launch pad and rockets rise upwards to the surface level before they launch.
- At the entrance of the facility there is a Stealth Boy on a nightkin corpse, but it can only be picked up off the floor next to him.
- Stealth Boy on the dining table in the room marked with a "Food" sign at the basement of main building.
- Space suit and helmet on a shelf in the very last room of the basement, where you get the final assignments for the quest Come Fly With Me.
- Storage room safe note on the administrator terminal in the facility.
- On the second floor of the main test site facility behind an easy locked door is the manager's room, which has lots of ammunition on filing cabinets and an average locked safe containing 2 Stealth Boys.
- A large number of microfusion cells may be found on the dead Bright Brotherhood followers.
- 10 destroyed party hats can be found in the REPCONN test site behind a Very Easy locked door where you encounter the followers.
- 11 hammers in the basement.
- 43 small ruined books, 35 large burned books, 28 large scorched books in the facility, the largest amount in a single section in the game.
- According to a computer terminal in the basement of the facility, 2 shipments of Stealth Boys were received and sent back to the manufacturer. This is in relation to the quest that Davison attempts to send you on if you decide to bend to the will of Antler, a brahmin skull. It describes 5 Stealth Boys missing from one shipment. It also says that the 5 Stealth Boys were used by an employee to sexually assault female employees, stating it 'as a mischief'.
- There is an upside-down gene projector in the room where you first meet Jason Bright.
- In the main lobby on the rocket suspended from the ceiling, the support cables are connected to the rocket and the ceiling by tiny garbage cans. These garbage cans can be looted like normal sized ones.
- Despite moving downwards in the basement, you end up in a control room at the same level as the launch dome, which is on a hill much higher than the basement. If you watch closely you can see the launch platform raise to the level seen outdoors.
- If you pick up or otherwise move the brahmin skull named Antler while Davison is still there he will become hostile.
- There might not be any ghouls or dead bright followers around the test site the first time you visit, to fix this problem discover the test site location on your pip-boy, fast travel to another location then fast travel back, you will be in the middle of the feral ghouls but you will now be able to get some nice loot from the dead bright followers.
- In the office with 2 Stealth Boys in the locked safe, you can see faded pictures of Tennpenny tower and other Fallout 3 locations.
- On the administrator terminal there is an email discussing the change of a generator room into a storage room. This email also talks about a safe within the room and gives a password. The room in question is the same one you find Harland in. The safe doesn't exist.
- The missing "O" from the REPCONN sign can be found at the Gibson scrap yard. Apparently, Old Lady Gibson has re-purposed it to serve as a chair.
The REPCONN test site appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
The constant explosions at REPCONN, as well as the name, are a reference to the PEPCON disaster, which killed two people and caused chemical fires and explosions to break out in a five-mile radius near Las Vegas.