The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
The quitting time siren is a modified pre-War intersection stoplight, used to alert settlers when it's time to take a break from their assigned tasks and spectate an arena battle. The siren contains a loud bell, which will ring each time the switch is tripped. The stoplights themselves will turn red or green depending on the mode, with red indicating time to work and green indicating break time.
When the green "break time" mode is activated, settlers will gather around the pre-defined arena grounds (marked by the area surrounding red and blue "team" platforms), and once the fight starts the spectating settlers will observe and cheer. Settlers will additionally use any nearby available seating while observing the fights.
When switched back to the red "work" mode, hostilities between the assigned combatants cease and all settlers will return to their assignments.
In the absence of an arena, break time is taken literally: Settlers will find a seat and stay there, though they can also be found moving from seat to seat.
- The quitting time siren can be found in the "Cages" > "Miscellaneous" category, despite being a general-purpose object.
- Depending on the size of the settlement, it may take some time for settlers to find their seat.
- The siren has no effect on natively-hostile creatures or people.
- "Break time" does not decrease the productivity of the settlers. Thus, food levels obtained via farming are unaffected, and traders will trade with the player/generate caps.
- Since productivity is unaffected, the siren can be left "ON" (whether for defense, accessibility or atmosphere). Give traders a unique appearance to easily spot them among the crowd. Using these tricks, the siren can change how settlements look completely, with one downside: The siren resets itself when the vault dweller leaves, so it has to be re-activated each time.
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.